10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

coura

Banned
Messi is only 13 goals behind Ronaldo for this season, will be a stretch to beat him at this point but possible he will score 50 plus, he would need another 36 to do that which is likely if he is on top form. It would be funny if he outscored Ronaldo again even though he has been injured most of the season so far.

Have you taken into account NT goals? Don´t think so. And "only" 13. eheh
The most important is to win titles with the club. That´s what i want

DinhoR10

Has anyone here noticed a slow down in messi's speed from his first couple of seasons at the club? I keep hearing people say it and I admit I don't see himj at top speed much, and nowadays whenever he runs his legs never open up like they did back in his superlong hair days. Maybe thats just cause he keeps them closed to change directions when he dribbles easier.

Neal Faradinho

Has anyone here noticed a slow down in messi's speed from his first couple of seasons at the club? I keep hearing people say it and I admit I don't see himj at top speed much, and nowadays whenever he runs his legs never open up like they did back in his superlong hair days. Maybe thats just cause he keeps them closed to change directions when he dribbles easier.

He doesn't get as much space these days to run.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
He doesn't get as much space these days to run.

That is why Tata moved Messi to the right wing or he drifts to the right wing himself. It creates the necessary amount of space. Remember this season our away goal vs Milan. Messi cut in from the right. Against Madrid this season he had a shot that went just wide, also came in from the right.

When Messi drifts to the right he only has one marker, the full back. Of course one marker isn't enough for Messi that is why the centreback should help and cover up for full back. Results in space in the center for another Barcelona player. I like to when I see Messi on the wings, adds a new dimension to our play.

juguar

That is why Tata moved Messi to the right wing or he drifts to the right wing himself. It creates the necessary amount of space. Remember this season our away goal vs Milan. Messi cut in from the right. Against Madrid this season he had a shot that went just wide, also came in from the right.

When Messi drifts to the right he only has one marker, the full back. Of course one marker isn't enough for Messi that is why the centreback should help and cover up for full back. Results in space in the center for another Barcelona player. I like to when I see Messi on the wings, adds a new dimension to our play.

Yes that works in a counterattacking style like at Madrid. If we don't do that, then moving Messi to the wings doesn't help because the team cannot take advantage of his explosiveness. He is still as fast. Remember the Iniesta pass to Messi when Messi was playing on the right wing? He just fucking exploded man. He almost got the goal. I think he was a little short of match fitness there and not as sharp but he was explosive. Not to mention Iniesta's superrrrrr-pass!

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Yes that works in a counterattacking style like at Madrid. If we don't do that, then moving Messi to the wings doesn't help because the team cannot take advantage of his explosiveness. He is still as fast. Remember the Iniesta pass to Messi when Messi was playing on the right wing? He just fucking exploded man. He almost got the goal. I think he was a little short of match fitness there and not as sharp but he was explosive. Not to mention Iniesta's superrrrrr-pass!

True true, but if you play him on the right he has one marker to beat. And we all know one man can't stop Messi. Also now we have Neymar there is danger on both wings.

juguar

True true, but if you play him on the right he has one marker to beat. And we all know one man can't stop Messi. Also now we have Neymar there is danger on both wings.

True. One man can't. Heck, even 2 can't. I just love those diagonal runs in from the right, when at any moment he can shoot, or pass or fake and defenders just fall over like dominoes one after the other after another.

V

voodoomaster

I dont think messi should play against athletico. When he returned from injury in the fall he was pretty weak, and we need to win. Of course he has had a longer break now, but never the less, start neymar, sanchez and pedro

Kerrybai

I dont think messi should play against athletico. When he returned from injury in the fall he was pretty weak, and we need to win. Of course he has had a longer break now, but never the less, start neymar, sanchez and pedro

If he's fit he should play, without him we have a lesser chance of success.

V

voodoomaster

I would rather give him 30 minutes if we really cant penetrate their defense

F

Flavia

Martino: "Return Messi? We'll see how he does this week. Physically he's fine. He should feel sure of himself now. I think it's close."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans