10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
jZ8XXmGX34I.jpg

Messi_Goal

I don`t think Messi will start against At Mad.To be honest I think he probable should be on the bench just while he is regaining his match fitness and his sharpness after being out for a while he is going to be rusty and the team might be better served using the inform Pedro and Sanchez hopefully Neymar starts too.
If Messi does start we will know if he is fully recovered from his injury because Diego Simeone will make sure his players get stuck into him.
I want him to start the game but I think he will come of the bench and win the game for us.

Neymessi

I have a feeling that messi will be benched in athletico game and he will be called upon only if we are losing.Just like in the PSG game.

H

Haruko The Goon

anyone care to explain why Messi has slowed his game down?

I miss him running his ass off. In 07-11, he was unbelievable.Every time he got the ball he'd attempt to charge forwards. EVERY time.

Why has that stopped/changed? I bloody miss it.

Irish_Cules

anyone care to explain why Messi has slowed his game down?

I miss him running his ass off. In 07-11, he was unbelievable.Every time he got the ball he'd attempt to charge forwards. EVERY time.

Why has that stopped/changed? I bloody miss it.

It's been a gradual process but last season it was very noticeable. Towards the end of Guardiola's reign he was starting to drop his intensity but I think last season he was specifically instructed to conserve his energy and let the wide forwards do the running. It was clear that the team was totally built around him and when he was absent the team was toothless.. Whether he is instructed to run less or he is just deciding himself that he doesn't have to run as much isn't exactly clear. The thing is you can't really hold it against him because he still performs and you still see him creating goals for himself and his team mates not just with his skill but with his relentless effort. It will be interesting to see how he plays when he comes back this time. He is as had a tough year with injuries and he has had to deal with people talking a lot of shit about him so he will undoubtedly want to prove he is still the best when he comes back. I'm not sure if we'll see the Messi of old in terms of his style of play but I'm sure we'll see a motivated Messi who excites the fans and scores bucket loads of goals.

H

Haruko The Goon

Cheers for that.
Miss the intensified Messi.
F'ing electrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans