10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
'past his prime' Messi still shits on pretty much every player in football. Saying he's gone down a level from his best is the truth, but nowhere does it translate into selling him. Just because he's playing like less of a deity at the moment doesn't mean that he's toxic to the club and must go.

As i said im not talking about the "s" word. But that kind of attitude in judging a player is wrong. So what if past his prime Messi is still one of the best. The days of judging a player solely by talent is over. We have to judge his overall contribution to the team not just goals or assists. And Messi's contribution in the last season has been unacceptable. Walking around lazily is not only bad for him but the team as it rubs off on others. No player is bigger than the club. And since Messi is the best we demand more from him. He has to live with that as it comes with his GOAT status.

Again i hope im wrong. A winning goal in the CL final with would wipe away all the pain

CatalinR10

It's envy, people will always hate you for taking the attention and being very rich.

Ronaldo-Thumbs-Up.png

I Think he gets more hate because of the "golden ball" Trophy, people Think that FiFA sugercoats him, the same way they called Barcelona UEFAlona, envy plain and simple.
Best thing if he wouldent have acepted the Trophy , on the other hand then he would probably have gotten stick for that...

Mitchell1978

I really feel for fans like you, Messi deserves a better place. If he played for Liverpool or any other club, they would already put a statue of him and let him do whatever he wants. Pep has literally spoiled all of you.

Go back to 1992. And wait for a decade or so to get your CL, you spoiled brat.

for "fans" like him players are disposable

while its the players and footballing philosophy that made FC Barcelona what it is today

serghei

'past his prime' Messi still shits on pretty much every player in football. Saying he's gone down a level from his best is the truth, but nowhere does it translate into selling him. Just because he's playing like less of a deity at the moment doesn't mean that he's toxic to the club and must go.

I didn't say that I would sell him. But the trend is downwards, and not in talent, nor in quality, but in commitment for the team. If he doesn't feel or is determined to give 100% for the club the loves him and shows that love in anything (including paychecks), then yes, maybe he needs to be sold.

King Leo

Banned
Cules wake up! Messi's loss today is gonna hurt us in more ways than you think.

Emotionally Messi has just failed to reach the top of Mount Everest. If you think we can win anything while the heart of our team is in terrible physical and mental condition, think again! This day will hurt Barca for months to come.

The streets of Buenos Aires now
2ds0cy0.jpg

Cule4life

The Culest
I really feel for fans like you, Messi deserves a better place. If he played for Liverpool or any other club, they would already put a statue of him and let him do whatever he wants. Pep has literally spoiled all of you.

Go back to 1992. And wait for a decade or so to get your CL, you spoiled brat.

Thats really a bad example to give tbf. We are not Liverpool. Expectations are higher here. And hes not only talking about trophies. If Messi gave his all and worked hard ppl wouldnt complain this much even if we didnt win anything.

MagIX

In addition to the physical problem (i "hope" he has one, otherwise the situation is more serious than expected), now he also has a psychological blow, it won't be easy to digest this defeat, really not easy.

I hope that barca can recover him physically and psychologically.
But I'm beginning to have the some doubt.

xxxxxx

I just can't believe the hate he's receiving right now on social media. For god's sake, what has he done, to be hated that much. I just don't understand it :(

It's going to make it more sweeter when he wins the league, Champions League and finishes top scorers in all the competitions.

Never doubt Messi.

SEvolution

Im actually shocked ppl and journos are arguing over him being the best player. So who is that robben the guy with no character on the pitch. Messi created too many goal scoring opportunities had they been buried argies would have been 2-0 up against netherlands when maxi and palaccio said ok here it is keeper save that. Same goes for germany game those were horrible misses that too in a final wow higuain and palaccio. Had all these have been buried which should have been the case instead of screwups messi would have been a hero right now. They failed to bury use him as a scapegoat. Cruel worls

serghei

Thats really a bad example to give tbf. We are not Liverpool. Expectations are higher here. And hes not only talking about trophies. If Messi gave his all and worked hard ppl wouldnt complain this much even if we didnt win anything.

People read through comments and understand what they want. Let them. It's not about the performances, it's about the hunger that is gone. Sometimes, players reach a point when a change of scenery is needed. Messi could be heading that way.

serghei

People saying Messi should be worshiped. Not yet. He's still playing. Players are remembered after they retire. Not during their activity.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

People saying Messi should be worshiped. Not yet. He's still playing. Players are remembered after they retire. Not during their activity.

This forum is Messi worship 90% of the time, so...

But you have to remember he's still got years left unless he pulls an R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans