10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard.H

Simeone wont do it, Tata can do a good job IMO. Problem is we came into this world cup as the striking force, the Fab4 etc. Higuain's miss today was unacceptable. Aguero sucked. Palacio,.... nevermind.
We missed Di Maria today. Messi could had his chance and waster it. Defense was the only reliable thing and it was made by Sabella. we can build on that

Yeah, Sabella should be given a ton of credit for having such an organized defense. Even made the German defense look bad.

Tata won't be able to handle the pressure. He would be bossed around by the players easily. They need a commanding figure as coach.

It's a bit funny that everyone in the world thought the Argentina attack would carry them to the trophy. Amazing how disappointing they've been. Aguero, Higuain, Palacio, my god, what a bad world cup for them.

Last edited:

Richard.H

I think it'd be better if they poached Sampaoli from Chile. He is Argentine after all.

Sampaoli is way too extreme for the way Argentina plays. He demands every single player to press and that can take its toll on players. There's no way I expect 31 year old Messi and 30 year old Aguero to do such intense pressing.

Kerrybai

I'm gutted for Leo. I have no shame in admitting I became I barca fan because of Messi. I lost interest in football between 2005-2008, then I discovered Messi and truly fell in love with the game. The way he played the game was like nothing I had ever seen before and from there I fell in love with Barca... however as much as I admire him I will admit the Messi we saw at this World Cup was suffering severe fitness issues and its a shame we didn't see him at his peak physical condition.

He had a good world cup, did he deserve the golden ball? Maybe not, but then did Robben or Rodriguez play in the final? no!

More importantly does Messi care for the golden ball? No! its scant consolation for him.

All I can say about Leo is that he's the best player of his generation and he has nothing to prove to anyone, his club career is better than Maradona and he's easily the best player iv'e ever seen. It wasn't meant to be in Brazil and I hope he comes back stronger than ever... if he doesn't then I can live happily knowing iv'e witnessed one of the greatest footballers of all time.

As for the haters on the forum and elsewhere..all I can say is i'm genuinely sorry you missed out on appreciating the best player of your generation, you will look back in 20 years time and feel foolish, even more you will regret your bitterness and jealousy towards Leo.

Here's to a great season:beer2:

Last edited:

Devils

I still can't believe how badly Higuain, Aguero and Palacio were.

My mind is shattered that Sabella couldn't turn an attacking force of Messi/Higuain/Aguero/Di Maria/Palacio/Lavezzi into an effective goal scoring machine. Any manager would drool at that opportunity.

What a mess.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
2018 is his last chance IMO. Argentina FA should do everything to improve the team. Hire Simeone, Get rid of deadweight like Gago, etc. The time is now to improve for the future.

Don't kid yourself, guys.

In 2018 Messi will be in a much worse shape than he is in today, and his ARG teammates will not get any better either, no matter who will be in charge of ARG. There are no promising Argentinian stars like Neymar in the pipeline that will be expected to step up and play a decisive role in 2018. This was Messi's last chance, so close.

ARG will never get as close as this tme to a WC trophy before Messi retires. Sad to say, Messi's WC dream is over.

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Biggest mess of them all was Higz.. Dear Lord! Still can't get over his choke..
People blame Messi for not performing better, but they really should turn their attention to Higuain and Palacio. Both had horrible misses and played awfully.

Heavy

Barca got to move to a faster tempo style now, Messi without any endurance is still the GOAT but high pressure won't work with him anymore. He still looks very fast, agile and strong so fast counters are great, Neymar and Suarez are also very fast and great entertainment.
If they move to this I would expect one of the most exciting teams ever in the history of any sport.

Jadentheman

Don't kid yourself, guys.

In 2018 Messi will be in a much worse shape than he is in today, and his ARG teammates will not get any better either, no matter who will be in charge of ARG. There are no promising Argentinian stars like Neymar in the pipeline that will be expected to step up and play a decisive role in 2018. This was Messi's last chance, so close.

ARG will never get as close as this tme to a WC trophy before Messi retires. Sad to say, Messi's WC dream is over.

Everyone says it's easy next time he'll get it. But you know how hard it is to get to a WC final? It's hard to get to the Semi final. Brazil hasn't been since 2002 and they came and got embarrassed. But it was an uphill battle for them. Holland too. Germany got to the semis many times but they have immense quality to do so.

It's a big gamble and Messi won't be able to have individual hero moments in 2018. It's all about that team and that's quite frankly a lottery ticket. Took ARG 24 years to even get to this point now.

Kerrybai

Everyone says it's easy next time he'll get it. But you know how hard it is to get to a WC final? It's hard to get to the Semi final. Brazil hasn't been since 2002 and they came and got embarrassed. But it was an uphill battle for them. Holland too. Germany got to the semis many times but they have immense quality to do so.

It's a big gamble and Messi won't be able to have individual hero moments in 2018. It's all about that team and that's quite frankly a lottery ticket. Took ARG 24 years to even get to this point now.

Exactly its a lottery, you win some you lose some.. Unfortunately for Brazil and Argentina Europe now have 3 in a row and honestly I see Europe continuing its domination of the tournament.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He should chin up and not lose hope and be motivated, work even harder for the next time. It's gonna be difficult, more than it was this time, but it's definitely not impossible if Argentina can get something good going on with their team in the next 4 years.

But for now, he need rest and stay away from football(Well it depends on how he himself see it) and spend some time with his family.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exactly its a lottery, you win some you lose some.. Unfortunately for Brazil and Argentina Europe now have 3 in a row and honestly I see Europe continuing its domination of the tournament.

Yeah, just hope there will be someone to unseat Germany.

Italy needs to step up big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans