10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That freaking thigh injury against psg; Messi was holding his thigh at times.
I don't agree that Messi will never win the world cup, he has two more chances and maybe even a third.
Regarding the best player award, I for one don't see a problem with messi winning it. It was always going to be between he & Muller & Robben. But Messi brought at least 6 points to argentina, entirely on his own. No one else achieved this.

3 more chances? He'll be 39 in 2026 :lol:

He has 2 more at most.

dakt

It would be so epic to show support in camp nou in his first match in Barca this season.
Everybody should chant his name just to show how much we appreciate him. Heck, I would
travel to Barca just to do that.

Vamos Leo!

F

Flavia

Vomiting is natural. It's a part of the bodys' defence system. Vomiting itself is not dangereous.
Messi himself has said it's nothing and I feel confident Barcelona (or Argentina for that matter) has doctors who are more than capable of taking care of it. If it was anything to worry about, they would have done something a long time ago. Like you said, it's been like this for a long time :)

Vomiting is horrible. And what would expect him to say? He also said the doctors couldn't find the reason for his vomiting. You don't see other players doing it every game, because it's not normal to vomit like he is.

L

linetty

0003DQB1DADXOJPW-C116.jpg

Internazionale

Vomiting is horrible. And what would expect him to say? He also said the doctors couldn't find the reason for his vomiting. You don't see other players doing it every game, because it's not normal to vomit like he is.

Ibra used to do it frequently. Think it was when he played for Milan. Nothing to worry about

SkyBlu

I hope Messi skips pre season and comes back when liga matches will start. He NEEDS and DESERVES a decent rest.
And when he comes back we just have to hope that he still has motivation and will to play for the club.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Diego Maradona: Lionel Messi winning Golden Ball is a ‘marketing plan’

• Argentina legend dismisses compatriot’s award
• Messi admits ‘there’s a lot of anger’ at World Cup defeat

Morten

Messi was Argentinas most vital player on the offense, but i will give just as much credit to Mascherano and the defense for getting them to the final. Everyone here say Messi had a horrible team, i agree that Higuain and Aguero were poor indeed, same cannot be said for the gk and defence. What was thought to be Argentinas biggest weakness turned out to be their biggest strength.

Morten

3 more chances? He'll be 39 in 2026 :lol:

He has 2 more at most.

He is sure to have 2 left, not 3 though. Next time he will still be a top player, in 8 years he will not be the same, probably declined alot, but still good enough to get a spot in the team. Might not play alot, or do much, but if the team wins, he could still get a wc.

Alarcón

He is sure to have 2 left, not 3 though. Next time he will still be a top player, in 8 years he will not be the same, probably declined alot, but still good enough to get a spot in the team. Might not play alot, or do much, but if the team wins, he could still get a wc.

A lot depends on how good his team mates will be. If Argentina have a better team in 4 years and Messi will have his fitness/health problems sorted out, he has a good chance at winning it.

aki13

I really hope Leo can have a bit of extra time to recover from all this.

He has been carrying Argentina & Barca hopes as the man who should win games single handed for 3 or 4 years now, that's immense pressure and what with his injuries and being rushed back in 2013, maybe its all gotten to him.

I think we can rule out Laziness. Its clear to watch him that something is wrong, but he is not so static through choice.

IMO as some have suggested maybe its the huge pressure and injuries that have drained him emotionally, mentally and physically.

I think its something that can be worked on, but Barca have got to take it seriously and not just make him play every match and focus everything on him, even if Leo is unhappy with that. Let him have some time off and relax, then start a fitness regime similar to the Pep days when Leo stayed injury free and couple that with more regularly subbing him off or on in order to give extra rest that way. He also needs to be worked with mentally in case Leo is struggling through fear of injury.

All in all the system needs tweaking at Barca, to ease pressure on Messi by not playing "look for Messi everytime" and use Neymar & Suarez to get the most out of them too. Which must include the new coach telling Leo to miss some games and also telling Messi when he is playing bad and not be too scared to say anything.

I hope Leo can come back fresher than expected by getting extra time to rest and relax.

Otherwise this "burnout" will only get worse.

Of course Leo needs to let this happen and not insist on playing every game.

If that doesn't work then things get more serious.

Morten

A lot depends on how good his team mates will be. If Argentina have a better team in 4 years and Messi will have his fitness/health problems sorted out, he has a good chance at winning it.

I would say he has one good chance left in a way, in 8 years he could still make the team, but i doubt he would be very vital even if they go all the way. So he has 1 chance left for Maradona-status in Argentina. 1 or 2 chances left, depending on the way you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans