10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

One this is for sure, if he wins it, and plays amazingly in the process, he'll be the GOAT. But I'm pretty sure Maradona somewhere deep inside is hoping he doesn't win it, Maradonas ego is huge, and I don't think he'd want to be regarted as the second best Argentinian player of all time, somewhere deep inside of course, if Messi wins it, he'd say all the political correct things, but when he closes his room door, I'm pretty sure he'll be devastated.

As for Pele... he'll most likely contemplate suicide. Argentina has an easy way to the semi finals, but after that, I don't know. We can't count them out simply because of Messi, his impact on the pitch is so great, that when the ball comes near his feet, you don't know what his about to do, he has the gift of changing outcomes very quickly.

If Argentina wins it, it will be because of Messi.

Last edited:

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
One this is for sure, if he wins it, and plays amazingly in the process, he'll be the GOAT. But I'm pretty sure Maradona somewhere deep inside is hoping he doesn't win it, Maradonas ego is huge, and I don't think he'd want to be regarted as the second best Argentinian player of all time, somewhere deep inside of course, if Messi wins it, he'd say all the political correct things, but when he closes his room door, I'm pretty sure he'll be devastated.

As for Pele... he'll most likely contemplate suicide. Argentina has an easy way to the semi finals, but after that, I don't know. We can't count them out simply because of Messi, his impact on the pitch is so great, that when the ball comes near his feet, you don't know what his about to do, he has the gift of changing outcomes very quickly.

Sort of disagree, don't put all that onto messi's shoulders. There is a 23-man squad for Argentina, not 1.

NotInHere

Sort of disagree, don't put all that onto messi's shoulders. There is a 23-man squad for Argentina, not 1.
Why wouldn't we put the pressure on Messi though? He has asked for it by simply playing like a man from another planet, and he welcomes this pressure with a smile, not being intimated by it I'm sure.

I realize there's others playing alongside him, but at the end of the day, if Argentina wins it, Messi will be the larger contributor, he'll be the one responsible whether Argentina is holding the trophy at the end or not.. of course his teammates will help, but he'd be the one putting them over the slump.

Alik

Maradona has a big ego, but he's always supported Messi in everything. I've always had the impression he'd welcome another Argentinian being GOAT.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
The best bit about that video (apart from the goal itself) is how Puyol is applauding him afterwards. Not sure why, but makes me proud of Messi.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi has dribbled past more than twice as many opponents (675) as anyone else in last 5 Liga seasons. Ronaldo 2nd with 323 [via @WhoScored]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans