10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

The fact of the matter is, these days these individual awards mean very little. Ronaldo winning the ballon D'or in January and the uefa best player award last month didn't make him a better or a more admirable player in the eyes of the public, neither did Messi's WC best player award do him any good. These awards have lost their significance and legitimacy, just some silverware from a popularity/hype contest. The evaluation of the status of a player doesn't hinge on these individual awards.

When it comes to Messi vs. Ronaldo, I will just say this: Messi serves the team while the team serves Ronaldo. Not much more needs to be said.

Worst thing that happened was France football merging their award with fifa. Now it's a popularity contest, more than anything. That said, these awards tend to favour goalscorers, and cr has been on fire this year, except for the world cup.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
That said, these awards tend to favour goalscorers, and cr has been on fire this year, except for the world cup.

Messi can still catch him on a calendar year-basis, CR is only 4 ahead. It would only take another knee injury from CR and Leo is back in it. Not that I wish bad upon CR of course. :p

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi can still catch him on a calendar year-basis, CR is only 4 ahead. It would only take another knee injury from CR and Leo is back in it. Not that I wish bad upon CR of course. :p

But I am sure Ronaldo will score another hattrick next Wednesday against the lowly PFC Ludogorets. :angry:

F

Flavia

ByUEUOgIQAAZgLK.jpg:large

Will it happen today? I hope so :)

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi is playing so deep this season he can not even be called a 10. More like CM lol. Even though we are not depending on him for scoring we are depending on him to create chances. I want Iniesta and Rakitic to create more chances so that messi does not have to drop that deep.

DinhoR10

Messi is playing so deep this season he can not even be called a 10. More like CM lol. Even though we are not depending on him for scoring we are depending on him to create chances. I want Iniesta and Rakitic to create more chances so that messi does not have to drop that deep.

Kind of hard for them to give him chances when half the time he's behind them on the field. I think he'll find the balance throughout the season, he hasnt played in a system like this since 2011.

Stric

Under Tata people complained that Messi played too far upfront, but I'd rather have than than have the best forward in the world play as deep as he has been playing lately. It's a waste. Sure he can bag assists, but he can do so much more and he's too far away from the opposition goal.

CuleLife4Life

I'd prefer Messi scoring not assisting. But if he is playing that deep he obviously is ok with it since I'm sure Lucho wouldn't place him where he isn't comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans