10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Los Blancos

He's got Rakitic and Busquets covering him, that's arguably more cover than he's had in the last five years. He's the best player on the planet at that anyway. Makes no sense to me right now. This has to be tactical.

He's no longer the best player in the world. Haven't been so in 3 years. This isn't even about CR vs. Messi because I can name 3 to 4 guys better than him right now. Things may change but as of right now and the last 3 years, he haven't been the same.

F

Flavia

He's no longer the best player in the world. Haven't been so in 3 years. This isn't even about CR vs. Messi because I can name 3 to 4 guys better than him right now. Things may change but as of right now and the last 3 years, he haven't been the same.

3 years? Since 2011? His best year was 2012.

Doobs

The Messiah

Well said, that Real Madrid crest really helps drive your point home mate :lol:

Alarcón

In my opinion he hasn't been the same since the Benfica game after which he got injured numerous times, think it was in December 2012. He was still the best at some point after that but that's only because before it he was eons ahead of everyone else.

CesDel

The fuck? You know, there is a reason why Messi ended up as the 2nd best player in europe last year. In the 2012/13, Messi while playing less games scored 12+ more goals than C.Ronaldo in the league while also giving more assist and scored against all the 19 teams in the league in a row.

Not to mention that Messi has been the best player in la liga so far.

Kerrybai

You'll last long.
In my opinion he hasn't been the same since the Benfica game after which he got injured numerous times, think it was in December 2012. He was still the best at some point after that but that's only because before it he was eons ahead of everyone else.

Then change you expectations and treat him like a regular Barca player. Recognise the difference between bad games from him and bad games from the team.

spark

Name them. Arbeloa, Iker and?

serghei

He needs to play higher up the pitch. His workrate is nowere near what it should be for the position he's playing in.

L

Los Blancos

He needs to play higher up the pitch. His workrate is nowere near what it should be for the position he's playing in.

Basically this. He has mids that can cover for him therefore, he should be taking more risks.

Ursegor

World Champion
In his best seasons Messi had Xavi dominating the middle. Who is dominating Barca's midfield nowadays? Apart from the opponent I mean. :VdB:

aki13

I have this feeling that some are clutching at straws.

in 2011/2012 Messi was the best player in the world. Not because of Xavi and Iniesta, he could be the best player in the world in any team

2 years on and we are told Messi is the best player in the world, but can never show it because of the poor state of the team?

So was he only the best player because of the team? or should he be more of a leader on pitch without that legendary team?

Seems like more desperation. Sad to read

serghei

@Inugami, one of the best first halves I have seen from Ronaldo this season was against Atletico. He is the most in form striker in La Liga. It is what it is. Messi and the team need to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans