10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

I say we just rest everybody until the clasico. Bring in the B team and see how they do in La Liga. We could send the first team players on a trip to Hawaii or smth, to enjoy some sun and Mojitos. :coffee:

frog-fcb

Wouldnt go that far but with all the extra running he has been doing past few games along with the world cup he hasnt had a lot of rest lately

CesDel

@Inugami, one of the best first halves I have seen from Ronaldo this season was against Atletico. He is the most in form striker in La Liga. It is what it is. Messi and the team need to step up.

Football fans are really fickle. Messi is the reason why we are in the fist place in the league, and yet you say that he needs to step up?

serghei

Football fans are really fickle. Messi is the reason why we are in the fist place in the league, and yet you say that he needs to step up?

The team needs to step up and fix what is not working. We had 0 shots on target. Messi is part of the team.

CesDel

The team needs to step up and fix what is not working. We had 0 shots on target. Messi is part of the team.

What do you expect? To play great in every single game? I mean, so far we have only had 2 bad games this season, against Apoel and Malaga. But in the rest of the games we have played overall great. And the only thing that you could criticize the team was that the finishing was lacking, seeing as we were creating chances galore but missing them.

dakt

I think because of the stronger competition in la liga in general, has become quite difficult place mostly characterized by relative boring football (at least when Barca plays).
It's difficult even for world class player like Messi, but still, one must admit that he is not on the MESSI level. Exactly for that reason, Barca should find different style of play which
doesn't revolve around Messi or only Messi. I expect that Suarez might give diversity since Neymar from mine POV just cannot deliver that performance. Yes, he's exotic, but this is football.
This year should be decisive in these terms. We'll see...new team and again new coach, more time is needed. We shouldn't be fooled by nice start.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
^Yes, lets disregard Neymar's last great performances. You gotta back down on Neymar bro. He has been doing great and been a real impact player.

ebc_99

Messi has been the best player in La Liga this season, he had a bad game against Malaga but we are top of the table largely because of him. Ronaldo is scoring goals but his all round game is now and always has been miles off Messi. For Real fans to say Ronaldo is better is expected but Barca fans? you guys must be blind or stupid to really believe that.

Unfortunately a lot of people can't tell if a player is playing well or not unless they do something obvious like score a goal. Ronaldo is a great goalscorer, but aside from that he is not any better than other really good players, it is his goals that lift him above them. There are dozens of players whose all round game is superior to Ronaldo's, but nobody has an allround game better than Messi and then there is Messi's goalscoring exploits which are better than Ronaldos anyway.

Until Ronaldo's 7 goals this week, Messi had scored more goals and had more assists than any other player in Europe in 2014 and that is while carrying injuries and being out of form. If anyone, even Real fans honestly believe Ronaldo is better than Messi then you don't know football.

serghei

What do you expect? To play great in every single game? I mean, so far we have only had 2 bad games this season, against Apoel and Malaga. But in the rest of the games we have played overall great. And the only thing that you could criticize the team was that the finishing was lacking, seeing as we were creating chances galore but missing them.

They key to treating a problem is acting fast, not waiting for your limbs to fall off first, for you to do something about it.

CesDel

They key to treating a problem is acting fast, not waiting for your limbs to fall off first, for you to do something about it.

Of course, but let's not forget that Messi has been great in the start of the season just because of 2 bad games. If we would be as fickle with C.Ronaldo as we are with Messi, you would not be saying that he is the most inform striker in the league.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He is the most inform striker , he managed to score in every game he started this season and that's what strikers have to do score. His involvement and playmaking in the game is non existent but as long a he scores he will be and is the best striker.

Kerrybai

@Inugami, one of the best first halves I have seen from Ronaldo this season was against Atletico. He is the most in form striker in La Liga. It is what it is. Messi and the team need to step up.

Not Ronaldo and Madrid need to step up, we are top of the table and lead Madrid by 4 points. This weekend it could be back to 6.

Messi is doing just fine, Lucho got his tactics wrong yesterday. Messi has lead his team to the top of the table, so for me he's number 1 right now.

Messi is the last player on this team that needs to step up, if everyone else came anywhere near his level this season then we would cruise to this league title, it's all too predictable of you to give everyone but Leo a free pass.

Leo is the least of our worries this season.

Last edited:

serghei

Not Ronaldo and Madrid need to step up, we are top of the table and lead Madrid by 4 points. This weekend it could be back to 6.

Messi is doing just fine, Lucho got his tactics wrong yesterday. Messi has lead his team to the top of the table, so for me he's number 1 right now.

Messi is the last player on this team that needs to step up, if everyone else came anywhere near his level this season then we would cruise to this league title, it's all too predictable of you to give everyone but Leo a free pass.

Leo is the least of our worries this season.

I have not given anyone a free pass. And I want Messi to get back at being the best. Right now, he is after Ronaldo, and I say this as a Messi and Barca fan. He is scoring very few goals for his standard and he is losing the duel with Ronaldo. If he won't score goals, or at least shoot on target more often, we have a problem.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I have not given anyone a free pass. And I want Messi to get back at being the best. Right now, he is after Ronaldo, and I say this as a Messi and Barca fan. He is scoring very few goals for his standard and he is losing the duel with Ronaldo. If he won't score goals, or at least shoot on target more often, we have a problem.

Cristiano has scored 9 goals in La Liga, but 3 came from fake PKs result of blatant dives and 2 came after the 90s minute with games already won. That's 5 out of the 9 goals that are CLEAR stat padding goals, 3 of which should not be there at all.

How about we hold the hyperbole a bit. Cristiano has not played as well as his goal tally suggests, and his goal tally is as deceiving as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans