10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

It's a big problem when Messi is closely marked and has to drop deep to receive balls because 1.) he faces a wall of defenders and 2.) the only option for him is to pass the ball to the wings. When he does that, it's difficult for him to get in a scoring position since there are so many opponents in their own box. Movement would help him but I don't think that we should bash him that much. It's a fundamental problem and impossible to fix only by him.

NotInHere

It's a big problem when Messi is closely marked and has to drop deep to receive balls because 1.) he faces a wall of defenders and 2.) the only option for him is to pass the ball to the wings. When he does that, it's difficult for him to get in a scoring position since there are so many opponents in their own box. Movement would help him but I don't think that we should bash him that much. It's a fundamental problem and impossible to fix only by him.
I think were all aware that being heavily marked can cause problems to any attacker in the world, that means they will have to work extra hard and it might exhaust them, but honestly I'm seeing less and less Messi trying to beat his markers and make those magical runs that everyone loves to watch, I'm aware his just a human and not some sort of god, and making those attempts does not guarantee success, but I want him to at least make it seem like his trying, what I'm afraid of is that he has declined in this aspect, and that's what made us wait with anticipation to see him play.

I

instinct

I think were all aware that being heavily marked can cause problems to any attacker in the world, that means they will have to work extra hard and it might exhaust them, but honestly I'm seeing less and less Messi trying to beat his markers and make those magical runs that everyone loves to watch, I'm aware his just a human and not some sort of god, and making those attempts does not guarantee success, but I want him to at least make it seem like his trying, what I'm afraid of is that he has declined in this aspect, and that's what made us wait with anticipation to see him play.

The problem is that there is no need to dribble past 2 players because there are 3 others. As long as the whole team doesn't manage to uncompress the bus Messi's dribbles won't have any further impact. Of course it's nice to watch and everyone sees his magic again but it's worth nothing at the moment. When he gets the ball 40m away from the opponent's goal it's impossible to dribble past each defender. It could work when he can make 1-2 with his teammates but I didn't see any effort of doing that from Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar and Pedro during the Malaga game. Fast combinations and 1-2 are a good way to break buses but Messi can't do it by himself. When he has space, he does something great, he proved it over and over again during the last months.

F

Flavia

The problem is that there is no need to dribble past 2 players because there are 3 others. As long as the whole team doesn't manage to uncompress the bus Messi's dribbles won't have any further impact. Of course it's nice to watch and everyone sees his magic again but it's worth nothing at the moment. When he gets the ball 40m away from the opponent's goal it's impossible to dribble past each defender. It could work when he can make 1-2 with his teammates but I didn't see any effort of doing that from Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar and Pedro during the Malaga game. Fast combinations and 1-2 are a good way to break buses but Messi can't do it by himself. When he has space, he does something great, he proved it over and over again during the last months.

Messi had 4 successful dribbles against malaga, but no shots on target. Staying too far from goal won't help him or the team. Marti Perarnau has a good article about the problems. In castellano, though.
In short, he says Lucho fixed the defensive problems first, and now will move on to fixing the attacking problems.

NotInHere

We will see as time goes by I guess, but in my opinion Messi has lost a bit of magic, that doesn't mean his not an useful player for, hell with his current form he still can be considered the best in the world, but the gap between him and Ronaldo isn't that far off as previous years.

And yes, if the team is not helping him his going to be less effective, but yesterday he really looked like he didn't want anything to do with the ball.

amircule

Wellington: "he(messi) called me a son of a b*tch"

The truth has been spoken tho .
================================
You guys think this is overreaction , but admit it , you miss the old Messi with long hair hungry for goals .
This is my personal opinions . things I always wanted to say .
After Messi broke that goddamn record against Betis , in the game against Athleti which we beat them 4-1 ; Leo scored two goals but I started to feel he is not the same old super human . The second half of the season started ; C.Ronaldo scored two hattricks in Copa Del Rey while Messi was walking on the pitch saying " Yay , fuck you . Iam 25 now and I have 4 golden balls , I feel established "
This is how Messi became " One of the best players in the world " from being an "alien" .
Messi is already a proven legend , but he should continue it , he should run his ass off . Playing deep in the midfield doesnt help him .
This is how i felt 2013 till now . Btw , sorry for bad English . :wub:

CatalinR10

Wellington: "he(messi) called me a son of a b*tch"

tumblr_m0h9wpbdU21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

skn02

I'm sick of you guys calling Messi not playing hard enough, Messi doesn't need to run his ass off every single game because if he did that, he wouldn't be able to play every single game for sure. There's literally a game every 3 games, and Messi need to be smart in using his energy, and that's exactly what he's doing. I'm sure the coach approved him of doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans