10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

the only thing I didn't like is when Messi fell to sell the foul, it just doesn't look right on him, other then that wellington had no reason to put his hand on Leos face at all.

+1.

tumblr_m0h9wpbdU21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

:lol:

CuleLife4Life

No one should be choked for telling the truth.

Wow lol.

Honestly who cares what Messi called him. These things happen in football especially in the heat of the moment. I refuse to believe Messi has never insulted anyone on the pitch and no one has ever insulted Messi. Its not like he called him a slur like John Terry and Luis Su....oh wait nvm. LOL jk.

F

Flavia

Messi and weligton have history... this is what he did to Messi once:

And he didn't get a red back then either.

Kerrybai

I have not given anyone a free pass. And I want Messi to get back at being the best. Right now, he is after Ronaldo, and I say this as a Messi and Barca fan. He is scoring very few goals for his standard and he is losing the duel with Ronaldo. If he won't score goals, or at least shoot on target more often, we have a problem.
He won't score as many goals as Ronaldo, not with Lucho's tactics. That's Lucho's choice not Messi's.

He has been more pivotal for Barca than Ronaldo has been for Madrid so far this season imo. He's played a role in virtually every single goal we have scored. Of course everyone will give Ronaldo the praise as he's the one scoring the goals. Ronaldo is certainly on fire though, but in the end Madrid will come short as they have an unbalanced team.

Iniesta and needs to go towards Messi in the tight spaces and play 1-2's with him. If Messi drops deep he has a wall of defenders and if he moves out wide he occupies other positions. Just bring the ball to him and play it to his feet when he is surrounded and try to work some 1-2's with quick passing. I think you mentioned in the Lucho thread that we should go through the middle even if it is crowded and I think this is what would be best for Messi. The likes of Iniesta could benefit too as he has the skill set to work in these tight spaces.

Last edited:

christina

Pure Happiness
Of course it's a red, in both cases. It's in the rules, violent conduct. The ball is not even in play.

Maybe but I've seen lots of cases like that and they didn't get red. Anyway what happened in the last game is more deserve a red than that.

BBZ8800

No, we are spending half of the time passing sideways and players taking 5 touches each before passing it. We are NOT making little short passes with alot of triangles, our passing is completely different these days. Its slow, its predictable and players playing them are too static. We will still do good, we will still go far in CL and we could win LaLiga when Suarez comes back but I expect these kind of performance alot when playing away from home.

It is not only about fullbacks.
An not only about Messi.

Look at this post from a match thread:
I've only watched the first half so far, but an interesting game for me. Even when Barça isn't playing at the top of their game, it's a puzzle to figure out why. Got me thinking about the Lucho Barça, and what he's trying to do. Some comments, about the game and about 2014 Barça, in no particular order:

1. Give Malaga some credit. This bunker defense was specifically designed for Barça's attack.

This photo shows the default formation for both Barça attacking and Malaga defending:

Malaga-Barca-01.jpg

Barça shows the new Lucho era attacking formation: 2 Centerbacks, 3 Midfielders playing centrally in a diamond (with Messi false 9 shuttling in his dual role between the top of the diamond and the front line), 2 Wingbacks providing playing on the touchlines, and 3 attackers playing centrally.

Now Malaga, playing extremely compact and narrow, conceding the wings entirely- but what catches your eye about this bus? This is not your 4-4-2, or 5-4-1, or 4-5-1- it's a 4-3-3 bus, specifically designed to nullify Barça's formation. Ingenious move by Malaga coach Javi Gracia (who also drew Barça away at Osasuna last season).

What are the matchups in the various areas of the two formations? The forwards are covered with an extra man, 4 vs 3. The centerbacks are completely free, 0 v 2, as are the wingbacks, 0 vs 2, but Malaga doesn't care, because they can't contribute meaningfully to the attack (or, at least, easy to reposition if an attack comes down the wings so far out at the touch lines).

The key factor, and why Iniesta seemed so ineffectual in this game, is the extra man in the midfield. With the usual bus, and only 1 or 2 players to cover Rakitic|Busquets|Iniesta, the Barça trio has no problem moving the ball around them and finding different angles of attack (even if still finding a congested box in the end). However, by moving 1 player into the midfield, Malaga didn't even allow them this freedom. Look at the photo: even if one of the Barça midfielders were to be able to receive the ball without it being intercepted, or without being immediately closed down, what are they going to do with it? Each of their fellow midfielders is essentially man-marked and unavailable; the forwards are man marked by the back line (with an extra player), and the second line is also position to cut off passing angles. So Malaga is essentially funnelling Barça passes either back to the defenders or out to the wingbacks.

So, "Crossalona," wasn't by Lucho's design- it was by Malaga's. Barça (at least in the half I've watched so far), did exactly what Malaga wanted them to do.

More in coming posts.

Messi is declining.
Xavi, Iniesta and Alves are much weaker than in the past.
Other teams have learned how to neutralize us.
Our team in general runs less than in the past.
Our current players aren't and will never be as good and as suitable as a few years ago for our style.

When you sum it up, you get a Barca who runs much less.
And even when we run, every decent team knows how to neutralize us.
There is no world class Xavi in his prime anymore.
Messi runs less, but he also gets less balls, the whole team runs less, but the whole team is also easily neutralized by any bus.

Also, when people talk about triangels: We CAN'T play triangles like 5 years ago.
Just look at the picture above, how teams are defending today.
You don't have the space to play triangles or to play through the middle.
The only empty space is on the flanks.
In the middle, teams play with 6 players against our midfield 3 trio, and again, our trio is much weaker than Xavi+Iniesta+Busquets in their prime.

So, too many factors have gone against us, against Messi, against everyone.

Last edited:

alex88bg

It is not only about fullbacks.
An not only about Messi.

Look at this post from a match thread:

Messi is declining.
Xavi, Iniesta and Alves are much weaker than in the past.
Other teams have learned how to neutralize us.
Our team is general runs less then in the past.
Our current players aren't and will never be as good and as suitable as a few years ago for our style.

When you sum it up, you get a Barca who runs much less.
And even when we run, every decent team knows how to neutralize us.
There is no world class Xavi in his prime anymore.
Messi runs less, but he also gets less balls, the whole team runs less, but the whole team is also easily neutralized by any bus.

Also, when people talk about triangels: We CAN'T play triangles like 5 years ago.
Just look at the picture above, how teams are defending today.
You don't have the space to play triangles or to play through the middle.
The only empty space is on the flanks.
In the middle, teams play with 6 players against our midfield 3 trio, and again, our trio is much weaker than Xavi+Iniesta+Busquets in their prime.

So, too many factors have gone against us, against Messi, against everyone.

Good post BERNIE,
but this post that i quoted is not worth reading,its not even worth approving.
Malaga did a fantastic job,it even happenned to us when we were at the top of our game sometimes,nothing strange..
This Barca is far from where it should be and if all goes well it will get there.
There is lot to improve and we will get there.
And stop with messi declining,we are getting worse,because we are not,our play looks so much more composed than last year and messi is getting there too,so if you are frustrated and have nothing normal to say then go put your frustration in life somewhere else.

amircule

Messi: "For us, it's not vengeance to return to the UCL final because it's our duty to be there. We will try to do it again, like always"

ebc_99

Why do so many people on this board overreact about every performance that isn't 5-0 or something. We drew away to Malaga, we didn't create much but that happens to every single team during the season at some point.

We have the best forward line in the world on paper when Suarez comes back, look at Liverpool this season and how much they are missing him, we still have yet to add that to this team. And with our defence looking much better and Vermaelen still to play we are looking very strong in both of those areas.

It will just take a little bit of time to get to our top level, look at Madrid last season, it took Ancelotti a few months to get things right. It was never going to happen immediately so we should not get so upset when we draw a game.

And Messi is not declining, some people in the press are selling that line and it is sad that some Barca fans are buying it. He has been the standout performer in La Liga this year and he is the main reason we are top of the table. When Suarez comes in it will improve the team and help Messi as well, so hopefully we are still top by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans