10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublehh03

Deserves more service than he gets. Most of his goals this season he's had to create himself. He's setting everyone else up.

Needs a real run of goalscoring form to try and wrestle the Ballon back off Penaldo.

He has 5 goals and 6 assists right now. Ronaldo has 10 goals and 0 assists. He's playing better than Ronaldo. 2 crazy scoring games shouldn't diminish the entire start to the season. Messi has won 5 MOM in 6 games compared to Ronaldo 3 in 5. I'm sure as the season keeps moving, his goal scoring will improve to go along with his crazy assist rate.

Hopefully Neymar will create some chances for Messi. Neymar is finishing great this year but his creativity is lacking.

Ritchie

He has 5 goals and 6 assists right now. Ronaldo has 10 goals and 0 assists. He's playing better than Ronaldo. 2 crazy scoring games shouldn't diminish the entire start to the season. Messi has won 5 MOM in 6 games compared to Ronaldo 3 in 5. I'm sure as the season keeps moving, his goal scoring will improve to go along with his crazy assist rate.

Hopefully Neymar will create some chances for Messi. Neymar is finishing great this year but his creativity is lacking.

Conscious of last season where Ronaldo stole it due to a hat trick in a World Cup play off when they should have won their group anyway.

It's close between them at the moment so if Ronaldo keeps up his 2 a game average for another month or two then that'll swing it.

I

instinct

I think he played bad because he is a father now. We simply can't expect 3 goals and 5 assists per game, this was the old Messi without Thiago and Antonella in their climacteric period.

He remains a decent player though. His performance today was ok but only because he didn't have to get up early in the morning to feed Thiago with some cheese pizza and Coca Cola.

doublehh03

Conscious of last season where Ronaldo stole it due to a hat trick in a World Cup play off when they should have won their group anyway.

It's close between them at the moment so if Ronaldo keeps up his 2 a game average for another month or two then that'll swing it.

But the majority of the football world still has Messi as the best player. People know what they're watching. Balloon and other individual awards involve a lot of politics.

I just want Messi to play better, which he can still do. Statistically, he's the best in the world so far this year. But he needs to widen that gap like he can. He's freaking averaging only 3.5 shots per game so far this year. That is a career low. Again, he needs guys to create for him so he can finish, but that probably won't happen until Suarez joins the fold.

blaugrana1987

But the majority of the football world still has Messi as the best player. People know what they're watching. Balloon and other individual awards involve a lot of politics.

I just want Messi to play better, which he can still do. Statistically, he's the best in the world so far this year. But he needs to widen that gap like he can. He's freaking averaging only 3.5 shots per game so far this year. That is a career low. Again, he needs guys to create for him so he can finish, but that probably won't happen until Suarez joins the fold.
He averages more through balls then attempts on goal. He only needs to up his tempo, and he will run with it. Ronaldo CANT keep scoring like this for so long. Messi will catch him and he will have 20 assists more in the end.

Only problem is the fact that our team is out of sync in attack majority of time (surprisingly we are FUCKING incredible in defense) so he doesn't really know where to be in this attack.

doublehh03

He averages more through balls then attempts on goal. He only needs to up his tempo, and he will run with it. Ronaldo CANT keep scoring like this for so long. Messi will catch him and he will have 20 assists more in the end.

Only problem is the fact that our team is out of sync in attack majority of time (surprisingly we are FUCKING incredible in defense) so he doesn't really know where to be in this attack.

Lots of young guys are being incorporated into the fold (Munir, Sandro) and you can see the lack of creativity. Again, hopefully once Suarez gets in there, it'll open up more for Messi.

MagIX

Transfermarket says 10 goals and 2 assist for CR ( i think they count as assist who create the penalty, who is subject to the foul which lead to the penalty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans