10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaugrana1987

He didnt lost his killer instinct, he was born with it. He scored two goals that arent really easypeasy (one got dissallowed), and then missed 2-3. But he had his days with misses before...zarra record and trial probably got in his head. Good thing he was very interested in scoring.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
That last goal in that video against malaga was in slow mo , yet he was still looking fast with his feet
[Youtube]s96-eI4GuSI[/youtube]

frog-fcb

Hes saving it for a hatrick against madrid in classico to break record an give the world a little reminder for the ballon dor voting

blaugrana1987

Hopefully Messi will start beasting a bit more when Suarez comes back. I know he said he doesn't care about Ronaldo, but I think he should. Legacy is legacy and he needs to up a gear...

Kerrybai

Hopefully Messi will start beasting a bit more when Suarez comes back. I know he said he doesn't care about Ronaldo, but I think he should. Legacy is legacy and he needs to up a gear...

At 27 that isn't going to change, he has never really cared for individual awards and goals. He's allabout the team.

Kerrybai

I know, I'm talking strictly about goals. That seems to count the most these days...He should just be hungry like against Rayo and I'm sure he will score 2 a game avg.

He plays deeper now and the focuse is on creating for others, that'st just the way things are now. Ronaldo outshoots him by about 7 shots to 4 every game so its almost impossible to keep up.

blaugrana1987

He plays deeper now and the focuse is on creating for others, that'st just the way things are now. Ronaldo outshoots him by about 7 shots to 4 every game so its almost impossible to keep up.
He created for others before too. I just think he needs more space. Ronaldo obviously gets more and so he shots more, but with Suarez I would love to see Messi getting there in goalscoring opportunity too.

F

Flavia

Had Messi been clinical against rayo, he would'd scored a poker. But right now cr is in better scoring form than Messi.

blaugrana1987

Had Messi been clinical against rayo, he would'd scored a poker. But right now cr is in better scoring form than Messi.
Exactly. Man...I'm pissed because those misses. He could have really cut that lead and then next game at home against Eibar score couple more just to piss Ronaldo off:neymar:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi in play maker role is actually very good. He is more involved than last season and creating lot of chances. He has to find the right balance. He can not reach 50 goals again but he can try for 30 goals/ 30 assists season. That should be his aim if there has to be some target. If iniesta form improves i am sure leo will also bang goals at same rate as ronaldo.

blaugrana1987

I got to say though...Ronaldo has WAY better support. James, Bale and Benz are constantly feeding him balls. Then there is Modric too. For us, Iniesta is literally the worst he was in his career, Rakitic plays defensively more and Neymars first pass to Messi was against Rayo. So, Messi's only way to outscore him is to do it by himself.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Messi in play maker role is actually very good. He is more involved than last season and creating lot of chances. He has to find the right balance. He can not reach 50 goals again but he can try for 30 goals/ 30 assists season. That should be his aim if there has to be some target. If iniesta form improves i am sure leo will also bang goals at same rate as ronaldo.

His overall game has been 10x better than last season but you're underrating him. He has been assisting players and being heavily involved while getting 73 goals too. It's not his positional change that's leading to his lower goal tally (for now). I think he's just not as clinical as before. He runs less for getting a chance to score and his finishing is also worse than before. If he gets those back (hunger!), he can do 50/30 without too much difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans