10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

His overall game has been 10x better than last season but you're underrating him. He has been assisting players and being heavily involved while getting 73 goals too. It's not his positional change that's leading to his lower goal tally (for now). I think he's just not as clinical as before. He runs less for getting a chance to score and his finishing is also worse than before. If he gets those back (hunger!), he can do 50/30 without too much difficulty.

Well his shots per game are down in his 'new' role so I would say its having an affect. His conversion rate is at about 20% which is good, but maybe not as high as other seasons? It's definitely up from last season anyway.

doublehh03

Messi is playing better than Ronaldo this year. Don't let the goals fool you. Ronaldo doesn't create much. Benzema has been Madrid's best player the last 3-4 games. And he's their go-to guy scoring the ball. Messi isn't, he's both the creator and scorer.

Messi has 7 goals and 7 assists in all competitions. His best is yet to come.

barcanuck

I got to say though...Ronaldo has WAY better support. James, Bale and Benz are constantly feeding him balls. Then there is Modric too. For us, Iniesta is literally the worst he was in his career, Rakitic plays defensively more and Neymars first pass to Messi was against Rayo. So, Messi's only way to outscore him is to do it by himself.

Got that right Kroos, Modric, Benz, Bale and James are all feeding Ronnie. Helps when they spend a billion to build around Ronnie. We just spent 80 mill for a guy Leo will feed the majority of the time in Suarez.

Leo will always be the ultimate team player while Ronaldo the ultimate selfish finisher.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Messi and Ronaldo are playing different roles. I've said it before that this puts Messi far above Ronaldo since he is playing a new role in the team and is beasting it.

viper76

Messi will never score as much as he used to 2 seasons ago physically he cant do it that's why we see him just walking around most of the time .

His new role is to be a play maker and he still be the best in the world where ever he plays .

blaugrana1987

Messi will never score as much as he used to 2 seasons ago physically he cant do it that's why we see him just walking around most of the time .

His new role is to be a play maker and he still be the best in the world where ever he plays .
He is not walking this season at all (especially last couple of games), actually he is in very good form, running slightly more in CL than 11/12 season. The reason why he isn't scoring as much is simple. He doesn't have support at all. If he scored that penalty and few goals this week (which he SHOULD have), we would be talking how much he actually scored even though he has zlich of support.

He is also shooting less then before, but his conversion rate is slightly higher actually. I can't wait till Luisito to come because I know he is only guy currently who can follow Messi on pitch.

Kohe321

Guys, it's no point in comparing their goalscoring anymore now that Messi isn't the center of Barcas attack as he has been in past seasons. For Ronaldo nothing has changed, he is still the center of Real Madrids attack and the tactics and play is built around him, so his teammates are constantly providing him with service that Messi isn't getting anymore - he's the one providing it now.

That comparison made sense before when both were the "main" goalscorers for their respective teams, but that has changed. Messi is still going to score a lot, but it's not the same. Personally I really like his new role as a more provider and playmaker. He has been incredible in the last few games, and with Suarez coming in it will only get better.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Guys, it's no point in comparing their goalscoring anymore now that Messi isn't the center of Barcas attack as he has been in past seasons. For Ronaldo nothing has changed, he is still the center of Real Madrids attack and the tactics and play is built around him, so his teammates are constantly providing him with service that Messi isn't getting anymore - he's the one providing it now.

That comparison made sense before when both were the "main" goalscorers for their respective teams, but that has changed. Messi is still going to score a lot, but it's not the same. Personally I really like his new role as a more provider and playmaker. He has been incredible in the last few games, and with Suarez coming in it will only get better.

Well said. I like Messi's new role better as well, what matters the most is the team victory. :barca scarf: However, he must not be the only one who creates for us.

That said, it is a shame that these days goal-scoring and goal tallies have become the only yardstick to measure/assess a player's achievement and greatness.

L

linetty

Poor Leo doesn't get service at all.

Either he creates or pulls of a typical Messi run or we're shit.

SeloBarca

He is not walking this season at all (especially last couple of games), actually he is in very good form, running slightly more in CL than 11/12 season. The reason why he isn't scoring as much is simple. He doesn't have support at all. If he scored that penalty and few goals this week (which he SHOULD have), we would be talking how much he actually scored even though he has zlich of support.

He is also shooting less then before, but his conversion rate is slightly higher actually. I can't wait till Luisito to come because I know he is only guy currently who can follow Messi on pitch.

Hes been quite poor in a couple of games aswell. Running a bit more, true, but theres also alot of times hes not doing much.
The worse the team plays, the more he walks. The team needs to score for him to work harder.

L

linetty

Hes been quite poor in a couple of games aswell. Running a bit more, true, but theres also alot of times hes not doing much.
The worse the team plays, the more he walks. The team needs to score for him to work harder.
Pretty logical. He cant do it all by himself. There's not much he can do if we can't even transit the ball properly from defence to attack.

He needs to link up with somebody. He could do it only with Neymar so far, it'll all be better with Suarez ya'll see

Peerless

He needs to reach peak goal scoring form, its reassuring he gets himself in the position to score goals, but his finishing has been off. Hopefully he goes on a mean streak, the Ballon d'or has basically become whoever scores the most goals in the year. He's 5 behind Ronaldo, but has more assists, but no one cares about assists.

I won't be able to stand seeing that douche winning the award again.

Egert

Estonian Culé
On his way to China with Neyney

wjv3ix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans