10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peerless

He should try to close the gap during the friendlies, Portugal are meh and they are up against France and Denmark. I don't expect Ronaldo to score more than 2 goals this international break. Argentina are up against Brazil and Hong Kong, Messi could easily bag 3 goals during these 2 games.

Messi's goal scoring record against Brazil is pretty good, and he obviously has something to prove after the WC final. He'll stat pad against Hong Kong.

And if he goes back to 2012 goal scoring super human form, breaks European CL record before Ronaldo and rapes Madrid in Classico I can see him winning.

Last edited:

doublehh03

He should try to close the gap during the friendlies, Portugal are meh and they are up against France and Denmark. I don't expect Ronaldo to score more than 2 goals this international break. Argentina are up against Brazil and Hong Kong, Messi could easily bag 3 goals during these 2 games.

Messi's goal scoring record against Brazil is pretty good, and he obviously has something to prove after the WC final. He'll stat pad against Hong Kong.

And if he goes back to 2012 goal scoring super human form, breaks European CL record before Ronaldo and rapes Madrid in Classico I can see him winning.

I think after not winning a single team trophy last year, team accomplishments are more important to him. He will win plenty of Balloon D'or. He's only freaking 27. The guy will have at least 6 Balloon D'or when it's all said and done, if not more.

SeloBarca

Hm outside of the Malaga game where the whole team sucked Messi has bee fantastic.

Hmm my opinion (my opinion mods) is that hes great with the ball and creates alot (although his scoring is a bit off), but he still have a tendancy to walk around a bit to much when he doesnt have the ball.
Its always been his playstyle but he has been better at opening himself up for passes then he is now.

I wonder how Messi would work as an AM behind Neymar, Suarez and Munir. He is probably our best "midfielder" right now since hes dropping down more. His defensive work is lacking quite a bit though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmm my opinion (my opinion mods) is that hes great with the ball and creates alot (although his scoring is a bit off), but he still have a tendancy to walk around a bit to much when he doesnt have the ball.
Its always been his playstyle but he has been better at opening himself up for passes then he is now.

I wonder how Messi would work as an AM behind Neymar, Suarez and Munir. He is probably our best "midfielder" right now since hes dropping down more. His defensive work is lacking quite a bit though.

Messi is 'walking' as much as he 'walked' in his best seasons, he is not a player who will run up and down and if your criteria for judging a player's performance is based on how much he runs then it is flawed IMO.

He has been great IMO, creating chances, coming to chances, being in the right positions etc. Just need to better his finishing.

Balloon D'or is for ronaldo after he won Madrid the CL and scored 16 goals . Messi is only chance was if he won the WC.

Cristiano won it last season without having won a shit in the season before so his CL win don't really have that much say as people think, besides, people have short memories. If Messi outperforms Ronaldo in the coming weeks and especially in the Clasico then the momentum will shift completely from one side to the other.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

if your criteria for judging a player's performance is based on how much he runs then it is flawed IMO.

IMO, movement of the ball, seeking new positions and creating passing choices for you teammates is what made the team so superior before, and the most important aspect of football.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

His movement last season was poor but I think it's been good this season. Remember he's not going to move like Neymar making diagonal runs, he's more concerned with dropping deep or receiving the ball between the lines. He also likes to receive the ball when a defender is close so he can turn quickly and beat his marker. I'll pay more attention in the upcoming games and particularly the classico but imo his movement looks okay now.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Cristiano scored a bunch of unimportant or filler goals in the CL.
Ramos/di maria were the mvp's of the bayern/atletico games.
He was absolute horseshit in the WC.

On the other hand we have Messi, a player that got a position shift to better fit his team and lead them all the way to the final, a final that had aguero/di maria being fit, they would have won.
He has few more goals and many more assists than cristiano. The numbers show that messi is much more important to barca than cristiano is to rm.
But more importantly he will be la liga's top scorer in a couple of games, in the age of 27.
This record alone would give messi the ballon. Now add the world cup tally and the 5th is in the pocket gents.

After all my username must come true.

DinhoR10

On the other hand we have Messi, a player that got a position shift to better fit his team and lead them all the way to the final, a final that had aguero/di maria being fit, they would have won.
He has few more goals and many more assists than cristiano. The numbers show that messi is much more important to barca than cristiano is to rm.
But more importantly he will be la liga's top scorer in a couple of games, in the age of 27.
This record alone would give messi the ballon. Now add the world cup tally and the 5th is in the pocket gents.

Your name will probably come true even if he doesn't win this year, he'll have 2 years in his absolute prime while ronaldo is in his 30's and Neymar/Gotze/Hazard aren't good enough to top him.

Ghosting

You're thinking far too logically, people will just look at his goals and vote Ronaldo.

Frodo_FCB

Ronaldo will win it with a landslide, there really is no competition this year.

Yeah Ronaldo is clear favorite to win ballon d'or right now, but anyone who has some basic knowledge about football knows that Messi has been the best player and the most influental so far.
Who cares though when Ronaldo score so many goals with the whole team behind him creating chances for him.
Oh and dont forget these amazing penalties he has won so far this season.

Yeah Ronaldo is clear favorite to win ballon d'or right now, but anyone who has some basic knowledge about football knows that Messi has been the best player and the most influental so far.
Who cares though when Ronaldo score so many goals with the whole team behind him creating chances for him.
Oh and dont forget these amazing penalties he has won so far this season.

Doesnt matter as you said, Ronaldo scores more and have won more and breaked most goals in champions league. Add to that ,that all outside barcelona thought he was gifted the best player award in the world cup, undeservingly.
I find it amusing that anyone really thinks Messi will win it this year, even objectively speaking he hasnt had a great year, no trophies, not so many goals, sub-par performances etc,etc.

Frodo_FCB

Doesnt matter as you said, Ronaldo scores more and have won more and breaked most goals in champions league. Add to that ,that all outside barcelona thought he was gifted the best player award in the world cup, undeservingly.
I find it amusing that anyone really thinks Messi will win it this year, even objectively speaking he hasnt had a great year, no trophies, not so many goals, sub-par performances etc,etc.

Yeah but Ronaldo had e very bad WC and he was the worst player of Portugal, we shouldnt forget that. He wasnt 100% fit, but still he was very bad.
Imagine only if Messi had made these perfomances in the WC, the media would be all over him. He carried Argentina to the final but still this is considered as a big failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans