10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Ronaldo had e very bad WC and he was the worst player of Portugal, we shouldnt forget that. He wasnt 100% fit, but still he was very bad.
Imagine only if Messi had made these perfomances in the WC, the media would be all over him. He carried Argentina to the final but still this is considered as a big failure

Ronaldo was injured is a perfectly acceptable excuse for the majority of people and Portugal as a team was not good at all. Messi was good but not exceptional good, especially not when it counted the most. Had he scored with the wrong foot against Germany he probably would have a shot at best player. Now most people only think that he undeservingly won a price , "lets see to it that it not happen again". And frankly Ronaldo has done more this year so cudos to him.

Kerrybai

Doesnt matter as you said, Ronaldo scores more and have won more and breaked most goals in champions league. Add to that ,that all outside barcelona thought he was gifted the best player award in the world cup, undeservingly.
I find it amusing that anyone really thinks Messi will win it this year, even objectively speaking he hasnt had a great year, no trophies, not so many goals, sub-par performances etc,etc.

39 goals to 44 and 18 assists to 12. If Messi has had not so many goals then what about Ronaldo? If Ronaldo didn'nt have 17 goals this season then it would be very close. People just see goals, if they could be objective then the voting would be close.

Anyway for all Ronaldo's goals in Spain I fully expect him to end this season without la liga and without the CL. Madrid look too unbalanced... so after 300 odd goals for Madrid I expect him to have just 1/5 league titles.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Why do people count the 17 goals of the cl ? He scored like 10 of them in the year 2013. You look at the calendar year not the season.

DinhoR10

The best thing though is that even with all his hattricks this season Ronaldo only has what, 45 goals for the year? Can't even come close to Messi on form.

Egert

Estonian Culé
33jsrcx.jpg

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The president of Spain's Liga de Fútbol Profesional (Professional Football League), Javier Tebas, has confirmed in Barcelona that they are looking into the possibility of paying tribute to Leo Messi if he beats Zara's goalscoring record. Moreover, they don't rule out the possibility of doing so at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium.

"Why can't we pay tribute to Messi at the Bernabéu?", he answered when asked by journalists if such a homage might be paid at the 'Clásico' on 25th October in the Bernabéu stadium. Messi is just three goals away from Zara's historic record.
Tebas was full of praise for the Argentine player: "La Liga can't do without Messi. He deserves a tribute. We should do something for him."

From Marca

BarcaVillain

The best thing though is that even with all his hattricks this season Ronaldo only has what, 45 goals for the year? Can't even come close to Messi on form.

I don't think we'll every see anything like that again in our lifetimes. As for the Ballon D'or, I'd be tempted to look beyond both of them. I think Manuel Neuer, for what he did for Germany and Bayern over the last year or so. If a goalkeeper ever deserved it, it's probably him. Not a chance though, I understand.

doublehh03

The hype for Ronaldo is crazy, but let it be. Messi is so good that his 7 assists are being overlooked. He will catch Ronaldo for goals soon enough. Suarez is back in a few weeks to open up space for him.

NotInHere

^^ Sadly assists are not valued enough in Football, that's because Football is all about goals, fair enough. Playmaking though is what gets you the goals in the first place, once Messi finds his deadly scoring self, there won't be anything that Ronaldo does better, Lios playmaking abilities will set him apart from Ronaldo though.

Kerrybai

Hopefully he can get Argentina's all time top scorer too.

I think he will as he has 2 consecutive Copa Americas coming up and of course World Cup qualifying and the Russia 2018. I don't know if he will play for Argentina beyond that but it should provide enough games to reach number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans