Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
U5244P6DT20141009235017.jpg

U5244P6T12D7364289F44DT20141009235539.JPG

U5244P6DT20141009235148.jpg

U5244P6DT20141009235331.jpg

F

Flavia

The Chinese media did not mention that Messi left training holding his left thigh, they did report that he left training early for about half an hour and that he was feeling a bit uncomfortable and having sinus issues (mostly spitting etc.) throughout the training session, they suspected it was because of the heavy smog in Beijing. In addition, they reported that he fell several times during training, apparently not in a great physical shape.

I am hoping it is just travel/fatigue/smog related issues, not injury.

U5244P6DT20141009234318.jpg

I saw on twitter the game could get cancelled if the pollution levels are too high, is this true? That in the worse days it's not recommended to work out outdoors, and wear masks... Breathing that polluted air can't be good to anyone.

NotInHere

Meaningless friendly in China to just get some extra bucks. Great job Argentina NT. Great job.

Fuck off.

I hate these friendlies far away.
some argentinians are so ungrateful towards Messi that if he had not gone, they would probably think he doesn't want to play for there country.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I saw on twitter the game could get cancelled if the pollution levels are too high, is this true? That in the worse days it's not recommended to work out outdoors, and wear masks... Breathing that polluted air can't be good to anyone.

True on the notoriously bad air quality in Beijing, but I have not heard anything about the game getting cancelled. It is still set to take place at 8:05 pm Saturday (12:05 pm GMT, 2:05 pm in Barcelona).

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Is that smog on the pictures above?!?!?

At first sight I thought it was morning fog.

That's pretty bad.

zanela

Why would they call him up to begin with? He has started every single Barca game this season in a congested schedule. Grand idea to take him to China for a friendly. Argentina would profit much more in the long run if they just let him rest for 2 weeks.

I don't think he would 've been called up if there wasn't a Copa scheduled in the summer. Tata needs the team's fulcrum to be present, so he can assemble his team around him. Besides, Leo looks happier with his NT teammates, than he's at Barca. :p

And I wouldn't really consider Intl friendlies as meaningless. For one, they act as warm ups/platform for preparation for the bigger events, two it allows football fans who otherwise can't travel for whatever reasons a chance to watch and meet their favs/stars in person.

The ARG journo of TyC Sports who's following the team's itinerary has mentioned nothing regarding a injury. BF's premature doom and gloom, as usual.

Frodo_FCB

He has been a starter in every single game this season and now he can rest for 2 weeks, but no he has to travel to China(!) for a stupid friendly.
Fuck logic!

F_Logic.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The ARG journo of TyC Sports who's following the team's itinerary has mentioned nothing regarding a injury. BF's premature doom and gloom, as usual.

Hallelujah! The benevolent Buddha! Allah is great!

I hope it is just BF's psychological warfare tactic. :p

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't think he would 've been called up if there wasn't a Copa scheduled in the summer. Tata needs the team's fulcrum to be present, so he can assemble his team around him. Besides, Leo looks happier with his NT teammates, than he's at Barca. :p

And I wouldn't really consider Intl friendlies as meaningless. For one, they act as warm ups/platform for preparation for the bigger events, two it allows football fans who otherwise can't travel for whatever reasons a chance to watch and meet their favs/stars in person.

Well, yeah, I'm not saying he should skip Argentina friendlies regularly. However this is like the worst case. He's coming from a tiring World Cup, has played every single Barca game for the full 90 minutes this season and now they are travelling to play in the smog of Beijing. Obviously he'll play the full 90 in these friendlies, too. As usual. Really don't think it's so urgent right now in October for Copa America preparations to have Messi present.

F

Flavia

Good. Br press reported, so I got worried. As they're there too, covering the br nt.

Ursegor

World Champion
Let's hope he was just scratching his leg instead of holding his thigh and went for a quick shit instead of "leaving training" then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans