10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's hope he was just scratching his leg instead of holding his thigh and went for a quick shit instead of "leaving training" then.

That second to the last picture I posted was the scene when he left training early, along with a trainer. He did not come back. From the picture you can see he did not hold his thighs etc., however leaving training with a trainer/physio, I don't know how to make of that.

zanela

Well, yeah, I'm not saying he should skip Argentina friendlies regularly. However this is like the worst case. He's coming from a tiring World Cup, has played every single Barca game for the full 90 minutes this season and now they are travelling to play in the smog of Beijing. Obviously he'll play the full 90 in these friendlies, too. As usual. Really don't think it's so urgent right now in October for Copa America preparations to have Messi present.

I think he will sit out the HK fixture. Tata will most likely feature his B team for that one.

After this round, there's only really the Nov and march rds left, and by the time they come around he'd 've accumulated more mileage, further complicating his availability. Better to try and test his ideas when he can.

Kohe321

Really happy that he's not injured, phuh! No wonder he felt sick and had to leave training in that air, if that indeed is smog. I can't imagine breathing in that air just walking around, let alone running around in training and playing a match there.

NotInHere

^^ Messi is a freak of nature, short, quick and skillful and most of all gods gift to the football world.

Hazard and Gotze are short, but you don't see them having the same speed and skills as Messi, nor will they ever be. It will take awhile before we see another similar version, Maradona was one, and Messi js now

Stric

That smog is insane. I've never seen anything like it, not even online. I thought that was morning fog! I still do!

Kerrybai

He might just have been jetlagged and that smog can't help with his medical issues or whatever all that puking and sinus shit is. At least he missed the last International break with that apparent injury he had.

CuleLife4Life

Articles out about the horrible smog levels in Beijing right now. The Brazilian team's doctor has been complaining about it and I read in an article that its suppose to go up to even higher levels the next 2 days. The Brazilian team have only been going out for 2 hrs to train. Hopefully the Argies are doing the same.

Thanks for the CBF and AFA for endangering athletes lives in order for some foreign cash!

F

Flavia

Articles out about the horrible smog levels in Beijing right now. The Brazilian team's doctor has been complaining about it and I read in an article that its suppose to go up to even higher levels the next 2 days. The Brazilian team have only been going out for 2 hrs to train. Hopefully the Argies are doing the same.

Thanks for the CBF and AFA for endangering athletes lives in order for some foreign cash!

Indeed. Cbf and Afa being greedy as usual. For us cules is even worse, as our best forwards will play, and probably 90 minutes.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Wasn't there a whole Olympic game in Beijing? I'm sure it's not as bad as you make it out. Still wouldn't want my players there for too long.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wasn't there a whole Olympic game in Beijing? I'm sure it's not as bad as you make it out. Still wouldn't want my players there for too long.

Yes, but that was in summer when the smog isn't usually that bad. The smog level in the past couple of days has been extremely bad, soffocating. As much as I love to see our players, I don't want to see their health being jeopardized and I am all for canceling the game.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I read that the smog was a result of farmers burning their straw.

Not entirely true. Beijing's smog can be attributed to a slew of factors such as emission from cars, pollutant from coal-burning factlities and factories in the suburb and surrounding areas bordering Beijing, plus sand dust from desert in Mongolia and Inner Mongolia etc. Also, geographically the city of Beijing is surrounded by mountains so the bad air is tripped and can't easily get out.

It really embarrassed the authorities when the US Embassy in Beijing started issuing regular smog alerts. They have been examining all sorts of sollutions but so far we are only seeing marginal improvement. It will get worse before getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans