10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

When it gets this stupid, the entire meaning and weight behind that award goes away anyway, so at the end of the day who cares - if they want to remove all purpose from the award then let them, I bet Leo won't lose any sleep over it. :)

F

Flavia

You guys forgot last year they invented a mvp award for cr, although Messi won as the liga's best player?
Floflo has a lot of power.

footyfan

Calma, calma
No of course not, I don't think even Costa was anywhere close to Messi despite his injuries.

But it's kind of irrelevant because there's no prize for second place. This just looks like LFP trying to garner attention for the award while knowing that Messi's exclusion doesn't actually affect his chances of winning, which were zero to begin with.

F

Flavia

No of course not, I don't think even Costa was anywhere close to Messi despite his injuries.

But it's kind of irrelevant because there's no prize for second place. This just looks like LFP trying to garner attention for the award while knowing that Messi's exclusion doesn't actually affect his chances of winning, which were zero to begin with.

That's a naive way to look at it. It's not irrelevant at all. This was done on purpose. Last year they invented a last minute award to cr, to overshadow Messi. Now, they exclude him from the top 3.

Frodo_FCB

Messi actually had the same chances to win as the other two if we talk about reality. Ronaldo scored 3 more goals but his team finished 3rd. Messi created the most chances and had more assists than the other 2. But who cares about these stats, Messi didnt even nominated for the award. Its like LFP trying to pass the message "we dont give a shit who is the best player actually". They undervalue this award at all.

footyfan

Calma, calma
That's a naive way to look at it. It's not irrelevant at all. This was done on purpose. Last year they invented a last minute award to cr, to overshadow Messi. Now, they exclude him from the top 3.

Naive? I'm saying they did it on purpose to get headlines for the award.

footyfan

Calma, calma
It was not just for headlines.

To please Real Madrid? Sure it's possible, they were pathetic enough to be affected by Ronaldo's crying last year, but this time he's clearly ahead and I don't see particularly why they need to spite Messi. Aren't they making a tribute to him at Bernabeu if he breaks the record?

Video for Messi's dribbling pre-Pep. Insane and so different from everybody else in the world, what made him the wonder-kid of the decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans