10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No of course not, I don't think even Costa was anywhere close to Messi despite his injuries.

But it's kind of irrelevant because there's no prize for second place. This just looks like LFP trying to garner attention for the award while knowing that Messi's exclusion doesn't actually affect his chances of winning, which were zero to begin with.

Your logic doesn't make sense. Just because you think Messi will not win it (or let's just say he won't win it), it makes it OK to not include him on the short list at all?

Even though only the winner matters, not having Messi on the short list shows their lack of recognition of Messi's achievement and efforts anyway (no matter how it compares to Ronaldo's), which is an injustice.

F

Flavia

To please Real Madrid? Sure it's possible, they were pathetic enough to be affected by Ronaldo's crying last year, but this time he's clearly ahead and I don't see particularly why they need to spite Messi. Aren't they making a tribute to him at Bernabeu if he breaks the record?
Nope, no tribute. and yes, to please rm and cr. Or by flo's demand, who knows. Also to undermine Messi and establish cr as "the best". As this sort of thing reverberate worldwide. Vela ahead of him is a very bad joke.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Your logic doesn't make sense. Just because you think Messi will not win it (or let's just say he won't win it), it makes it OK to not include him on the short list at all?

Even though only the winner matters, not having Messi on the short list shows their lack of recognition of Messi's achievement and efforts anyway (no matter how it compares to Ronaldo's), which is an injustice.

My original point had nothing to do with the LFP and how OK it is to exclude Messi from the shortlist. When I said 'what's the big deal' it's to say that if Messi cant win the award then it makes no difference (to me as a Messi fan, for example) if he's on the shortlist or not. I can understand why my phrasing might've made it sound like I thought it's OK to exclude Messi from the shortlist.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
footyfan who are you comparing messi with ? This price is for the best attacker of 2013-2014 , which means they see who was the best attacker of the season of 2013-2014. and that applies to each player , but it seems only messi gets compared with the of messi 2008-2012 not the other players.

footyfan

Calma, calma
footyfan who are you comparing messi with ? This price is for the best attacker of 2013-2014 , which means they see who was the best attacker of the season of 2013-2014. and that applies to each player , but it seems only messi gets compared with the of messi 2008-2012 not the other players.

Of course Messi should be on the shortlist for best forward of 2013/14, only 1 forward was better than him last season. And yeah I agree Messi gets unfairly compared to himself.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
My original point had nothing to do with the LFP and how OK it is to exclude Messi from the shortlist. When I said 'what's the big deal' it's to say that if Messi cant win the award then it makes no difference (to me as a Messi fan, for example) if he's on the shortlist or not. I can understand why my phrasing might've made it sound like I thought it's OK to exclude Messi from the shortlist.

Yeah. I don't know about you guys, but I for one want to be recognized for what I do, even though I am not the best.

BarcaVillain

Messi is not nominated for best liga forward 13-14. D.Costa, cr and Vela are... Vela instead of Messi.

B0JWJzXIMAAi37x.png

I like Vela, he's a fantastic player, why Arsenal let him go is beyond me. However, above Messi? really? Ok.

Kerrybai

No of course not, I don't think even Costa was anywhere close to Messi despite his injuries.

But it's kind of irrelevant because there's no prize for second place. This just looks like LFP trying to garner attention for the award while knowing that Messi's exclusion doesn't actually affect his chances of winning, which were zero to begin with.

Of course its a big deal, it shows a clear bias against Messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The best response would be breaking Raul's record first and then becoming the all-time top scorer of La Liga at Bernaleo and winning there.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Don't think that it will be enough. Ronaldo has to score one goal and dissappear the whole match and the media will say he is the best player.Messi has to dribble 3 players each time he gets the ball , score 5 goals , give 3 assists and most important of all run at least 13 km in order to get the praise Ronaldo gets.

DinhoR10

Don't think that it will be enough. Ronaldo has to score one goal and dissappear the whole match and the media will say he is the best player.Messi has to dribble 3 players each time he gets the ball , score 5 goals , give 3 assists and most important of all run at least 13 km in order to get the praise Ronaldo gets.

You know what would shut everyone up? If messi scores a wonder goal in the classico while ronaldo once again chokes. He has the form now to do it too, i think the last time he ran past 3 or 4 players to score was against getafe in the copa last season. Although he did do it for argentina but he passed it off to higuain first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans