10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

WhoScored Messi: MotM vs Eibar, Rating 10, Goals 1, Assists 1, Shots 8, Dribbles 6, Tackles 1, Touches 109

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
WhoScored Messi: MotM vs Eibar, Rating 10, Goals 1, Assists 1, Shots 8, Dribbles 6, Tackles 1, Touches 109

I just love it when he has this kind of game. Over 100 touches and an unstoppable creative force. Lot of fans give a damn solely about his goal tally but when he carries the responsibility to an extent like this you can really see how good he is and that's why I love his new role. Playing closer to goal just makes it easier to silence him even if he bags some more statpads.

Hey, why wouldn't Messi be angry ? Not being included in the best three la liga forward is a complete farce, and a very deliberate pun at Messi. It isn't a matter of ego (or lack thereof) at this point.

Great game by the goat

edit below: well amen to that

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

There is a good reason why he didn't score more goals tonight ...obviously the football gods want Messi to break Zarra's record at the Bernaleo :D

Peerless

Wow, what a game from the little genius, as well as a season. He was everywhere, I haven't seen him this involved since Pep was our coach. A common theme I noticed last season was him going missing in games and not getting himself involved, but that has changed completely under Lucho.

Like Lucho said after the Malaga game, where Messi had one of those games. He said 'we need to get Messi involved and bring the ball to him.'' He's made good on his word, for sure. Our team is built around him like it was from 10-13, we make sure he's the most involved. Unlike under Martino who wanted the other players to get more involved so all Messi had to do was finish. Messi is best in between the lines with the ball at his feet and that's where he does most damage.

As for his goalscoring, he'll score so much more after he breaks Zarra's record and when Suarez comes. Once he breaks Zarra's record, he can score without having to know there's pressure on him to break a record, he's a finisher who does best when he's relaxed. Suarez has more quality and opposition will have to put more than one man on him, which gives Messi more space. Look at Neymar's goal, Sandro's movement gave Neymar that extra space and Suarez will constantly do that.

I'm not worried about his goal scoring at all, he will score more goals. If anything, I predict him to beat Ronaldo at the end of season when it comes to goals as well as getting the most assists.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Luis Enrique: "Messi resting? You consider everything, but then you know you'll miss a goal like the one he scored tonight..."

I would have done the same thing if i was the coach. Barca will become so boring without messi.

anguy

I like the fact that he looks in form now, but I don't understand why is he not rested more, even if we have comfortable lead. almost every other player is rested, only Messi plays every match (and full 90 minutes). He'll be tired again after winter. Plus team needs to learn to play without him, in case of some injury.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I like the fact that he looks in form now, but I don't understand why is he not rested more, even if we have comfortable lead. almost every other player is rested, only Messi plays every match (and full 90 minutes). He'll be tired again after winter. Plus team needs to learn to play without him, in case of some injury.

He will probably be rested after Suarez is back.

I

instinct

I believe that Real will do everything possible to prevent him from scoring which makes more room for Neymar and possibly Suarez. I wouldn't expect a goal from Messi in the Clasico. Neymar and Suarez have to deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans