10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Messi concerns himself that much with records.* If he cared that much about scoring he wouldn't have one assist per game.

Year after year he keeps bringing smile on our faces.
How do you put price on that?

Paganinisrvnge

Playing at an insane level. Matches like these show Messi is drastically better overall than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a phenomenal goal scorer but he'll never take over a match like Messi can.

doublehh03

I like the fact that he looks in form now, but I don't understand why is he not rested more, even if we have comfortable lead. almost every other player is rested, only Messi plays every match (and full 90 minutes). He'll be tired again after winter. Plus team needs to learn to play without him, in case of some injury.

He's 27. And he will rest here and there but it's still early in the league. Despite leading Liga right now, Barca needs separation. And with Suarez not back yet, Messi can't rest.

Furthermore, they lost to PSG in the CL so they have little room for error.

Don't expect Messi to rest until months later.

anguy

He's 27. And he will rest here and there but it's still early in the league. Despite leading Liga right now, Barca needs separation. And with Suarez not back yet, Messi can't rest.

Furthermore, they lost to PSG in the CL so they have little room for error.

Don't expect Messi to rest until months later.

So why not take him out at least when the game is decided? For example today it should have been Munir for Messi, instead of Neymar. It looks like he's often left on pitch so that he can compete against Ronaldo in stats or break records.

doublehh03

So why not take him out at least when the game is decided? For example today it should have been Munir for Messi, instead of Neymar. It looks like he's often left on pitch so that he can compete against Ronaldo in stats or break records.

Or he's left on the pitch to allow for the continuity of the offense. He's the trigger for the offense/ Although Barca is #1 in the league, they haven't peaked, primarily due to Suarez. But with a lot of younger guys, and a lot of different lineups, Messi is the constant to link the entire offense together.

I don't think he's left in there for stats or else you will see he shoots a lot more, but he's not.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only thing Messi lacks nowadays is his 2012 finishing, for the rest I see the same player.

I thought he had declined and would never be the same as before or even close to that and now is a regular player just like the other players we have.

:eusa_think:

Last edited:

doublehh03

Messi is the only player to have double digit goals and assists this season for club/country.

Messi has created the most chances (25) in the league this season.

Kerrybai

Only thing Messi lacks nowadays is his 2012 finishing, for the rest I see the same player.

His dribbling is back to where it used to be too which is great to see.

While it sucks to see Ronaldo scoring so many goals and Messi not scoring as many due to his new role, I think this is the better set up for the team. Messi's play-making abilities are second to none and now we are really taking advantage of that.

Kerrybai

Still getting dispossessed way too often. Especially in the first half.

No he's not losing the ball any more than he used to, he always lost the ball a lot... but that is perfectly normal as he's the one who makes the most forward passes and runs on the team. Luckily for us he is also the best on the team in this area.

raki

Had 4-5 chances. Lack of good finishing. Having 4-5 players around him all the time is fucked up. And having only Neymar as world class act in the attack also.
Suarez is coming Leo.

doublehh03

Had 4-5 chances. Lack of good finishing. Having 4-5 players around him all the time is fucked up. And having only Neymar as world class act in the attack also.
Suarez is coming Leo.

I don't think that will change. Messi is defended like that with Argentina, where he has Di Maria, Higuan, and Aguero. He's the most marked player in the world.

Watching Madrid sometimes, Ronaldo has so much room to operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans