10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raki

scum press and tv show like that make me puke.

29d4fbe0-5ab2-11e4-865c-ddab5cdb0025_tableronmes.jpg

As Opta's stats show, Messi is streets ahead of Ronaldo this season when it comes to creating chances and putting in work for his team.

While Ronaldo has scored twice as many goals as Messi, Messi has provided more than four times the number of assists Ronaldo has. He has also made far more passes and created more chances.

This is to some extent a reflection of Barcelona's style of play, as employing the most dogmatic possession football will alwys result in superior passing stats. It also reflects the distinct roles of the two men: Ronaldo being an arch finisher, with Messi more happy to drop deep as the false nine and combine with team-mates, particularly Neymar.

[CLASICO COUNTDOWN: WHO'S IN, WHO'S OUT]

But it does suggest that in terms of their overall contribution, Messi has made a more rounded impact for Barcelona - a team who, it is important to remember, remain unbeaten this season in the league and are four points clear of their rivals going into Saturday's match at the Bernabeu.

Furthermore, Messi has also made eight tackles to Ronaldo's none - none! - and also won more duels, highlighting the superior effort he makes while off the ball. Ronaldo, though, has more clearances and blocks.

So what does it all mean? No one would dispute that Ronaldo is currently the most destructive force on planet football and has the edge in terms of goalscoring form, but Messi, arguably, is making the greater overall contribution...

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...-player-in-the-world-right-now-133633775.html

Stric

Except El Chiringuito doesn't like when they're called RM bias. They like to "pride" themselves as neutral.

Except they are painting RM as the good side, Cristiano as the saving hero, and Messi as the evil, murderous terrorist.

Except they don't limit themselves to this kind of "TV channel fun" but also go beyond to real malicious and slanderous manipulations and fabrications.

Except when TV3 does a video comparing Madrid thugs to hyenas after their prey. Then it is not TV channel fun. Then RM sues and wins...

Point taken. :)

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Point taken. :)

I wasn't really going at you btw, just pointing out how fans can be and should be rightfully upset at this kind of stuff.

I do agree that alone and without anything else behind it, it could have been taken as a simple, bit amateurish and pathetic, but still humored pandering to your fanbase.

spark

scum press and tv show like that make me puke.

29d4fbe0-5ab2-11e4-865c-ddab5cdb0025_tableronmes.jpg

As Opta's stats show, Messi is streets ahead of Ronaldo this season when it comes to creating chances and putting in work for his team.

While Ronaldo has scored twice as many goals as Messi, Messi has provided more than four times the number of assists Ronaldo has. He has also made far more passes and created more chances.

This is to some extent a reflection of Barcelona's style of play, as employing the most dogmatic possession football will alwys result in superior passing stats. It also reflects the distinct roles of the two men: Ronaldo being an arch finisher, with Messi more happy to drop deep as the false nine and combine with team-mates, particularly Neymar.

[CLASICO COUNTDOWN: WHO'S IN, WHO'S OUT]

But it does suggest that in terms of their overall contribution, Messi has made a more rounded impact for Barcelona - a team who, it is important to remember, remain unbeaten this season in the league and are four points clear of their rivals going into Saturday's match at the Bernabeu.

Furthermore, Messi has also made eight tackles to Ronaldo's none - none! - and also won more duels, highlighting the superior effort he makes while off the ball. Ronaldo, though, has more clearances and blocks.

So what does it all mean? No one would dispute that Ronaldo is currently the most destructive force on planet football and has the edge in terms of goalscoring form, but Messi, arguably, is making the greater overall contribution...

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...-player-in-the-world-right-now-133633775.html

I made the mistake and glanced at the comments under the article.

giphy.gif

Stric

I wasn't really going at you btw, just pointing out how fans can be and should be rightfully upset at this kind of stuff.

I do agree that alone and without anything else behind it, it could have been taken as a simple, bit amateurish and pathetic, but still humored pandering to your fanbase.

No no, I haven't taken it like that at all. But after reading your arguments, I could understand why people are reacting this way. I didn't know about some of that stuff. :)

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I made the mistake and glanced at the comments under the article.

giphy.gif
''
''Ronaldo is the best! Any top player can stay one club and score goals which messi has done but try going to another club! bet he wouldnt get half the goals in the Prem that Ronaldo got, he would get bullied like a school kid.''

footyfan

Calma, calma
Most assists ever in Liga? Messi with 77. Di Maria/Alves 2nd with 49

Most assists ever in CL? Giggs with 30. Ozil/Zlatan/Ronaldo 2nd with 19. Messi is at 18.

Where are you getting these BS stats from? According to transfermarkt, Xavi and Messi both have 100+ assists in La Liga and 31 and 29 in CL respectively. These seem a lot more reasonable.

49 as the second highest all-time assist tally in Spain? Fucking lol. Xavi had like 40 assists in 2 seasons alone (08/09 and 09/10).

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
As coming out with an article tomorrow on their front page where they claim to have found "proof" that Zarra actually scored 259 La Liga goals instead of 251. How pathetic and slimy can these people be?

I bet it is written by that disgusting pig Roncero. The same one who brought us the before unbeknownst magic of Chitalu when Messi broke Gerd Muller's calender goals record.

F

Flavia

As coming out with an article tomorrow on their front page where they claim to have found "proof" that Zarra actually scored 259 La Liga goals instead of 251. How pathetic and slimy can these people be?

I bet it is written by that disgusting pig Roncero. The same one who brought us the before unbeknownst magic of Chitalu when Messi broke Gerd Muller's calender goals record.

It's sad to see how Franco's still present in spain. madrid scum do as they please. And our board stay silent.

barcanuck

Amazing!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This 'diplomatic' approach taken by the board is good for nothing. Go out will all guns blazing and rebuff all these fake stories. When you do it once, twice, thrice... then they'll think twice before publishing rubbish again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans