10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

Funny thing is no one cares about Madrid's accounting tricks. The record will fall and it will be Messi's and the cake will splatter on their face.

khaled_a_d

This 'diplomatic' approach taken by the board is good for nothing. Go out will all guns blazing and rebuff all these fake stories. When you do it once, twice, thrice... then they'll think twice before publishing rubbish again.

If you have a strong competent board then sure,but a bad weak one like this they will just embarrass us.keeping quite is wise decision IMO

raki

Where are you getting these BS stats from? According to transfermarkt, Xavi and Messi both have 100+ assists in La Liga and 31 and 29 in CL respectively. These seem a lot more reasonable.

49 as the second highest all-time assist tally in Spain? Fucking lol. Xavi had like 40 assists in 2 seasons alone (08/09 and 09/10).

True. Messi has more than 100 in La Liga. As for UCL i get 20.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Funny thing is no one cares about Madrid's accounting tricks. The record will fall and it will be Messi's and the cake will splatter on their face.

This, it's the best fucking response. There's no point getting riled up by idiots and dealing with them. These papers are up to their tricks to serve their primary customer base. Best to let them embarrass themselves in front of the whole world and then do the talking on the pitch.

Kerrybai

Trasfermaket uses wider rules for assists, but that figure of 77 is very low. The spanish wiki for Messi has him at 102 in la liga.

http://kahkonen.arkku.net/messi/?matches/index/Every

This is made by a member on barcaforum but the name of Mika or something along those lines. He has 122 for la liga but he uses wider rules, I think he uses the transfermarket rules although they have him as 118.
http://kahkonen.arkku.net/messi/?matches/assists/1ao

If you look at the end he has more data on the assists and he has 102 listed as OPTA stats. I would trust the OPTA info and that was all the number I found on the Spanish wiki.

OPTA assists - 102
Penalty won - 2
Own Goal - 2
Rebound from keeper - 6
Rebound from post - 4
Deflected or rebound from a player / other - 6

CL he has 19 OPTA assists.

Check all those assists to Pedro and Etoo...Neymar could pass them in a single season :p Also it's hard to believe how little penalties Messi has won!

=================================================

All competitions 138 OPTA assists.

Last edited:

Iarwain

Ahead of the Clasico, Daily Mail asked 12 of their columnists who was the better player between Messi and C.ronaldo, 10 out of 12 answered Messi.

"I honestly think Lionel Messi is the greatest footballer I have ever seen in my lifetime – it’s impossible to compare players across eras – and if you asked me whose ability I’d rather have, I’d probably say Messi. Some of the things he did at his peak were pieces of absolute genius." Jamie Redknapp

Wow. Never thought he admired Messi this much. I remember him talking shit to Souness Messi praise after CL 2011 final (find it on youtube).

Egert

Estonian Culé
2 goals and 1 assist for him tomorrow. Free kick golazo and 1 chipped penalty. Assist to Neymar in 86th minute to make it 3-3.

Kerrybai

"I honestly think Lionel Messi is the greatest footballer I have ever seen in my lifetime – it’s impossible to compare players across eras – and if you asked me whose ability I’d rather have, I’d probably say Messi. Some of the things he did at his peak were pieces of absolute genius." Jamie Redknapp

Wow. Never thought he admired Messi this much. I remember him talking shit to Souness Messi praise after CL 2011 final (find it on youtube).

He's also ex Liverpool though so his opinion is biased.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Messi's goal against Almeria has been nominated for Best goal of last Liga. Other nominees: Dos Santos (Villarreal) and Ronaldo (Madrid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans