10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

Iker robbed him of that goal but Leo has been struggling finishing in tight last few games... Countless point blank chances missed by Leo this year.

neo_wolf

Not a poor game at all and he was one of our best but he wasnt at the level he's supposed to be, i think that being more of a playmaker than the goal scorer he was has affected his finishing a little bit.
But Suarez showed glimpses today that he can also be a playmaker upfront with Messi so that is good news for Leo.

Lomar1o

james rodriguez. carvajal. marcelo. benzema. isco. pepe. all of them were better than ronaldo tonight. but it seemed that ronaldo performed well because half of the team played so well. what could messi do when only suarez and masch were playing well??

doublehh03

Iker robbed him of that goal but Leo has been struggling finishing in tight last few games... Countless point blank chances missed by Leo this year.

+1. He needs to correct that. That miss was a game changer. 2-0 is different than 1-0. Just like 1-2 was different than 1-3 for us. Game changed.

Alarcón

Think he played well in the first half but went downhill after that. You can really expect more from a player like him but it seems that nowadays he has those bad games or even a spell of bad games once in a while. If our game plan worked we wouldn't be talking about that.

doublehh03

james rodriguez. carvajal. marcelo. benzema. isco. pepe. all of them were better than ronaldo tonight. but it seemed that ronaldo performed well because half of the team played so well. what could messi do when only suarez and masch were playing well??

Ronaldo was their worst player. He had a TON of errant passes that killed their counter attacks, and he wasn't tightly marked. I don't know if he was nervous or not, but he was trash for the entire game.

Ronaldo was their worst player. He had a TON of errant passes that killed their counter attacks, and he wasn't tightly marked. I don't know if he was nervous or not, but he was trash for the entire game.
He scored and is hailed once again as the best player in the World. its just this forum that think doesnt deserve best player in the World Award. One day even we will get it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He can do more, though. It wasn't his worst game, but also not that good.

That is true but he did have a very good half linking up with Alves and Suarez, dribbling 4 players, etc. Whenever we weren't pinned by Madrid's pressure, Messi was very effective in the first half. In the second half, we totally gave up as a collective and he dropped down too.

You can see this game as a dip in form since he wasn't as good as he could be but the issue isn't to "fix Messi" but to fix the team around him. When he's responsible for most of our attack and getting the third most touches as a forward you can't say that it is his personal faults that cost us. This is unlike last season where he personally needed to pick his shit up.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I thought we would see a hungrier Messi, because of the record and all... But there was a lack of urgency in his play that kind of let me down...

Not saying he's to blame for the defeat, just that I expected more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans