10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC B

Messi was shit. Worst game of the season so far.

Exactly those were my thoughts during the game. Unfortunately there were other Barca players that did precisely the same, their worst displays this season so far..
I hate when he does not perform in big games anymore and his goalscoring touch seem completely gone, he needs a buckeload of chances to score one goal nowadays.

We can't hide it forever. He declined noticeably!
Let's call it as it is, the poorest clasico I've ever seen Messi play in Madrid. Even in 2005 he played better.

Agreed.

Last edited:

Chong Li

Not a good game at all, but the ref made sure Leo didn't get any decision in his favour, some non-calls were really blatant.

I thought his and Iniesta's yellow cards were outrageous. Modric and Kroos were kicking our players left and right and got nothing all game long.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bad game from Leo. I wouldn't criticize him though, because he tried. His shit finishing is so shocking though, I think his finishing is going to become his Achilles's heel.

Frodo_FCB

When a team is so shit defensively, the forwards cant play their game too, cause they know that if they lose the ball there is no one behind them to cover. I saw many times in this game that Messi was hesitating to dribble and run with the ball cause if he lose the ball he has behind him the lazy asses of Iniesta, Xavi and Busi. A team needs balance in all the lines to be effective.

hellsangel1

Messi thought it was the WC final or something.

LOL. agreed. but it's not really that surprising given most of what we've seen the last 2 years. One can understand if the execution is lacking but the lack of pressing,work-rate and off the ball movement is alarming for someone who just turned 27 not that long ago. It's the ronaldinho-syndrome all over again.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Would say he was really good in the 1st half but the miss (or shot on Casillas) was horrible and probably changed the outcome of the game.
What I did not like was his effort in the last 30 minutes. No movement and determination at all.

Lomar1o

had he scored.and made the score 2-0. It would have been altogether a different story.

had benzema scored it would've been 1-1 and the same story. can't blame messi when all of the goals were somehow handed to madrid. first, the penalty was a gift. the corner kick? it's still somehow a gift, we will never fix that, no one can head the ball in our team. i think messi jumps higher than our defenders. and the third goal? that was a third gift. despite those gifts, madrid had other chances, including our other gifts which they couldn't capitalize on, i'm just pissed that we managed to hand the win to them instead of fighting. we went down, and without a fight. that's what is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans