10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublehh03

You guys are funny. Great players don't have bad games? Ronaldo sucked even more in the game than Messi. If Messi had that type of game, we would ask for his retirement.

Look, he had a bad game v. Malaga. People had the same questions.

His problem right now is simply finishing his goals. He had a great string of games prior to this last one. Let's hope he bounces back and string together a longer stretch.

He has been superb this season, except for 2 games (Malaga & Madrid).

Corruption

Messi played Saturday's league game against Madrid with painkillers after he suffered a minor ankle sprain last week. [elconfidencial ara]

dakt

To me that sends a message that it was the Barca system with Xavi and Iniesta at their peak that made Messi better and thats just wrong. Messi was that great during the 2008-2012 yrs because he is a GOAT.

And one would think after all the success we've had, after a trophy-less year as well as missing out on a World Cup, Messi's hunger would be greater. I'm not worried though. I think he'll hit his stride soon.

No, message is that after such crazy success, all veterans are not as motivated as they used to. That energy from that era is gone.
Now, RM is on the rise and motivation is ultra high, but I doubt they'll manage to keep consistency like Barca did.

Neeraj

I agree with most of the stuff here. I think those who are still chanting the 'its his injury, it's one bad game' excuses are in denial. He definitely isn't what he was 3 years back, and I doubt we will ever see that again. He is still the greatest player to have played the game, and the best player in the universe right now. People are worried about his finishing - I wouldn't be too worried. I think it's just one of those phases where it just doesn't work out. I think his finishing will eventually come back. His hunger and off the ball movements and his GOAT performances in every single game, day in day out, big opposition or small, marked or unmarked - probably not.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I agree with most of the stuff here. I think those who are still chanting the 'its his injury, it's one bad game' excuses are in denial. He definitely isn't what he was 3 years back, and I doubt we will ever see that again. He is still the greatest player to have played the game, and the best player in the universe right now. People are worried about his finishing - I wouldn't be too worried. I think it's just one of those phases where it just doesn't work out. I think his finishing will eventually come back. His hunger and off the ball movements and his GOAT performances in every single game, day in day out, big opposition or small, marked or unmarked - probably not.

On the contrary, I think he is pretty motivated this season and has done very well overall performance wise, it is his finishing that worries me. I don't play football so I don't know what it takes to improve finishing, or if finishing is something that comes and goes.

L

linetty

I call BS, I don't know, I just don't buy it... It's probably made up by the press to get some heat off him...
He trains individually ever since coming back from international duty so... it might be true.

Trained individually today in the morning as well.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He trains individually ever since coming back from international duty so... it might be true.

Trained individually today in the morning as well.

Yeah, could be true, but there's something fishy about it... I don't think Leo himself is into it, but I don't know, it feels weird that we just know about this after the defeat... Would this have made the news if Leo had an amazing game? There's just something not right...

True or not, what's the point of playing injured if he's going to underperform anyway? He is our most important player, no doubt about that, but if he's injured then he's injured and shouldn't play, we have a competent enough squad to at least deal a few matches without him... Didn't RM play CdR final against us without CR? I don't see how it's imperative for us to risk playing Leo in the first Liga Clásico if he is injured...

Schumi

Yeah, could be true, but there's something fishy about it... I don't think Leo himself is into it, but I don't know, it feels weird that we just know about this after the defeat... Would this have made the news if Leo had an amazing game? There's just something not right...

True or not, what's the point of playing injured if he's going to underperform anyway? He is our most important player, no doubt about that, but if he's injured then he's injured and shouldn't play, we have a competent enough squad to at least deal a few matches without him... Didn't RM play CdR final against us without CR? I don't see how it's imperative for us to risk playing Leo in the first Liga Clásico if he is injured...

Great players playing injured is uber-common. Ronaldo had been doing at the back end of last season. Diego Costa as well. Iniesta did in the CL of 2009 etc... Nothing strange about it.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Great players playing injured is uber-common. Ronaldo had been doing at the back end of last season. Diego Costa as well. Iniesta did in the CL of 2009 etc... Nothing strange about it.

Yeah yeah, not denying that... As I said, it's just a feeling, like something doesn't add up, I can't really pin point what it is but it's still there for me...

And I repeat, I don't think Leo is into it, looks more like a PR thing more than anything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans