10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

james baldwin

Incredible. And he hasn't been the designated set-piece/corner kick taker for Barcelona over the years, right? Because that distorts the assist stat.

SeloBarca

One bad game and the same bullshit again, typical and predictable. Besides it looks like he wasn't fully fit and played with painkillers.

I dont want to sell Messi, but the "one bad game" thing is getting kinda old. Hes had several games now that he has looked subpar to his standards.

dakt

B0-K6ARCQAACgFy.jpg

So what can one say after that? And he has at least 3 or 4 good seasons in front of him. Now if he could just find that childish playfulness he had before...

M

Messi4life

I think it's pretty clear right now (at least to me), that every shit that keeps happening to Messi, is because he wears blaugrana. From his tax issues to not being nominated for the LFP award.

I think you might be on to something. Maybe LFP thinks of him as an embarrassment?

Devils

I dont want to sell Messi, but the "one bad game" thing is getting kinda old. Hes had several games now that he has looked subpar to his standards.

Well yeah...our system has been all over the place and completely in-comprehensive over the past year and a half.

I think it it's important to understand that one of Barca's greatest strengths can become one of it's biggest weaknesses too. We raise these kids to play systematic Barca style football since youth and that's all they learn, the Barcelona way. When we have a manager who can create an effective footballing system and exploits the knowledge and strengths of our team, everything clicks and we are able to play extremely fluid and unstoppable football.

On the other hand when there is no system to follow, the entire team has a 'collapse' like we've witnesses so many times over the past 1.5 years.

Messi is limited in that way and if he has no system to integrate himself into, he wont be to his usual standards. Lucho's main priority is to create an effective system for Barca again, what's worrying is that he doesn't seem to be confident in his vision.

khorne

Well yeah...our system has been all over the place and completely in-comprehensive over the past year and a half.

I think it it's important to understand that one of Barca's greatest strengths can become one of it's biggest weaknesses too. We raise these kids to play systematic Barca style football since youth and that's all they learn, the Barcelona way. When we have a manager who can create an effective footballing system and exploits the knowledge and strengths of our team, everything clicks and we are able to play extremely fluid and unstoppable football.

On the other hand when there is no system to follow, the entire team has a 'collapse' like we've witnesses so many times over the past 1.5 years.

Messi is limited in that way and if he has no system to integrate himself into, he wont be to his usual standards. Lucho's main priority is to create an effective system for Barca again, what's worrying is that he doesn't seem to be confident in his vision.

I'm not disagreeing with you in principle, but isn't it also true that not even a quarter of the starting..."core" i guess, are actually la masia kids nowadays? I totally agree that luis enrique has yet to find/implement his system with this team. But the whole pathos about barca dna and it's sanctity is no longer a reality, i would even say that with the current squad it would be more difficult to play barca/spanish toque style football than other systems.

Out of the old guard, the only one i see really struggling with another system is xavi, also for lack of willingness. But (un)fortunately, he won't be a factor in seasons to come.

So what can one say after that? And he has at least 3 or 4 good seasons in front of him. Now if he could just find that childish playfulness he had before...

I would settle with him burying his chances, serious or playful, its getting very frustrating seeing him miss this much, i mean what the heck has happened with him.

Schumi

I would settle with him burying his chances, serious or playful, its getting very frustrating seeing him miss this much, i mean what the heck has happened with him.

Well, he has buried several chances already this season, and also provided a shitload of assists.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Could be because he plays deeper in midfield. Some years ago Leo was in scoring positions more often and if you have the ability (which he has obviously) to score, it is all about routine in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans