10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

Looking at twitter and other social media, it seems like barca fans are back on the 'Let's sell Messi, he's past it' train :lol:

L

linetty

Even if Messi is finished there is no reason to sell him to some suggar daddy club. Would be massively disrespectful towards our absolute legend and a boy that brings us joy week by week for 10 years now.

DinhoR10

Maybe its because alot of Barca fans only came in after 2008 but they always go apocolyptic with every loss/draw as if barca has ever had a perfect season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Entertaining the idea of selling Messi is so retarded. Just because he didn't score in a Clasico?

Sell Messi because of his bad finishing?

Some "Barca fans". :rolleyes:

DinhoR10

I don't like that he played injured tough, I would've rathered we played Suarez down the middle than risk hurting him in a game that wasnt a must win (Classico or not we're still top of the table)

Mitchell1978

I don't like that he played injured tough, I would've rathered we played Suarez down the middle than risk hurting him in a game that wasnt a must win (Classico or not we're still top of the table)

It probably was very minor but enough to bother him somewhat i think.

Schumi

Looking at twitter and other social media, it seems like barca fans are back on the 'Let's sell Messi, he's past it' train :lol:

Well, if he was playing consistently bad, then that would not be an absolute heresy. But as things stand, Messi has been our best player by far THIS season so it is absolutely inane to criticize him. I believe that his bad performance was probably due to the injury. We have so far played twelve games this season and he has been great in 9 of those, only exceptions were Apoel, Malaga and Real Madrid.

He will soon be back, kicking some serious arse all over again. We 'll get at least another shot at PSG, Madrid etc...

Schumi

Maybe its because alot of Barca fans only came in after 2008 but they always go apocolyptic with every loss/draw as if barca has ever had a perfect season.

You are correct.

In fact even during our perfect seasons (08/09 and 10/11) we had several shitty games. The biggest difference back then was that in the big games (Clasico and CL elimination at home) we were nigh perfect. But the fact of the matter is that some things have changed since then. Xavi and Iniesta have declined, while other teams have improved, and especially Real Madrid. Moreover, La Liga in its entirety has improved a lot since say 2009. Just witness their European results, as well as the vastly increased competition in the domestic league. German teams have also improved during the same period (especially Bayern and Dortmund) while there has been a decline with English and Italian teams.

F

Flavia

B0-K6ARCQAACgFy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans