10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebc_99

I've heard that some Portuguese guy in Madrid is playing pretty well. Just hearsay, though.

He is playing well but not as well as Messi. Take away Ronaldos goals and there is not as much there as with Messi, Leo has the complete forward game Ronaldo doesn't, besides, Modric has been Real's best player so far this term.

Last edited:

Andrew M

He is playing well but not as well as Messi. Take away Ronaldos goals and there is not as much there as with Messi, Leo has the complete forward game Ronaldo doesn't.

You serious? Goals define them both.

You say Leo has the complete forward game? What about heading. Messi has missed two absolute sitters with his head in last few games that Ronaldo would have had as an amuse bouche.

dakt

Ronaldo can only dream the talent that Messi has. Not even close to him, no matter how bad Leo might be atm. It's funny how everybody were justifying his success through Xavi and Iniesta and now when
Ronaldo has Isco, Modric and Hames behind, with his diving skills, it all looks 'amazing'. There are players in RM alone for which I consider are better players then Christina.

Andrew M

Ronaldo can only dream the talent that Messi has. Not even close to him, no matter how bad Leo might be atm. It's funny how everybody were justifying his success through Xavi and Iniesta and now when
Ronaldo has Isco, Modric and Hames behind, with his diving skills, it all looks 'amazing'. There are players in RM alone for which I consider are better players then Christina.

Not disputing the talent. Just current performance. Messi at his best is without equal

ebc_99

You serious? Goals define them both.

You say Leo has the complete forward game? What about heading. Messi has missed two absolute sitters with his head in last few games that Ronaldo would have had as an amuse bouche.

Goals don't define Messi at all, he has so much more to offer that Ronaldo doesn't. Messi is also pretty good with his head but doesn't get the chance to show it too often. Why are you even arguing that Messi doesn't have a complete forward game? He is the most complete forward there has ever been. And he is playing really well right now, not at his best but still better than anyone else.

dakt

Not disputing the talent. Just current performance. Messi at his best is without equal

Current performance is combination of luck, team and overall success in career. Ronaldo is finally coming out after amazing Barca era and Messi's unearthly many years show, also helped by fuck load of money and support.
Of course he's more motivated then Messi and luckily for him, he's surrounded by players who can deliver the ball to his feet with ease. Like I said, there are many players in RM that deserve more homage then he does. RM can easily do w/o him, Barca is stuck w/o Messi.

Andrew M

Goals don't define Messi at all, he has so much more to offer that Ronaldo doesn't. Messi is also pretty good with his head but doesn't get the chance to show it too often. Why are you even arguing that Messi doesn't have a complete forward game? He is the most complete forward there has ever been. And he is playing really well right now, not at his best but still better than anyone else.

Goals do define him. It's the goals that make him truly special.

L

linetty

10694310_901543123198616_532780890939802428_o.jpg

Egert

Estonian Culé
Llegamos a Ámsterdam donde mañana tenemos un partido muy importante de Champions. Un abrazo.

We have arrived in Amsterdam, where we have a very important UEFA Champions League match tomorrow. A hug.

- LIO

Oh Leo, hug me!!!!! Bring Anto with u too.

dakt

Llegamos a Ámsterdam donde mañana tenemos un partido muy importante de Champions. Un abrazo.

We have arrived in Amsterdam, where we have a very important UEFA Champions League match tomorrow. A hug.

- LIO

Sry but that hug was for me. You can see my post above where I was asking for it knowing that Leo might read this forum. :)
Thank you Leo! :D

F

Flavia

- LIO

:tumbleweed:

He is a wonderful passer, and gets lots of assists. But many players can do that. Scoring over 50 goals a season is why he is a legend.

You're missing the point. That's what always made him a step above everyone else. He's not only a great goalscorer, but a great playmaker. 99.9% of players are one or the other. Messi is both. That's why he is a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans