10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinhoR10

Barca should retire the number 10 shirt :D

Nah thats more of a basketball thing Pele and Maradona's 10 weren't retired so I don't think Messi should get that honor leaving future players without the chance to wear the number designated for the best.

Maria

because lazy performances get you goals against la liag team like getafe ossasuna bilbao valladolid or something, but in cl and against real and atletico the whole team suffers. 1 man less pressing 1 man less available, i just cant figure out why he is always walking

So you think that in the last El Clasico Messi was just walking?

Kerrybai

because lazy performances get you goals against la liag team like getafe ossasuna bilbao valladolid or something, but in cl and against real and atletico the whole team suffers. 1 man less pressing 1 man less available, i just cant figure out why he is always walking

This convo has been going on for 2 years now, let it go. Every month there is someone whinging about this. He didn't walk around against Madrid did he? Move on.

L

linetty

He wasn't lazy against Atletico or Real. Did you even watch the games? In the last game against Atletico he looked very sharp, it's just their defense is ridiculously good and violent...and against RM he scored a great goal and also played quite good.

He's got ridiculously good vision...there's is just not enough movement in the attack...maybe it's the rest that is lazy, but it all lies on Messi's shoulders because he's the best in the world?

DinhoR10

Against Levante the attack wasn't very dynamic in the first half but that was cause Alexis refused to do the fluid changing position game with messi.

Trickykid

Against Levante the attack wasn't very dynamic in the first half but that was cause Alexis refused to do the fluid changing position game with messi.

:lol:
Yeah, I bet he blatantly REFUSED that.

Like, fuck you Tata, don't tell me to do the fluid changing position game with Messi, I'll do my own god damn style!

suckabov

Lemon curry?

You mean like in the game against Leverkusen where he scored 5 goals and we won 7-0? ...

This is what Leverkusen's Reinartz said after the game: "He's a bit strange. He often stands around on the pitch like a vegetable. You don't even think that he wants the ball or takes part in the game. But then he explodes, especially in situations where he's outnumbered. Then he does some incredible things. Other than that, he stands around like a loitering sheepish boy for 80 minutes. You don't even believe he's any good at football then."

Point is, it's part of his game. It's not lazyness, it's just using his power efficiently. No player could go mental for 90 minutes, that would only burn him out.

Last edited:

barca1899

Messi: "My time in Argentina went well. I was totally focused on my recovery. I even ended up sleeping at the training centre." [fifa]

NotInHere

Yeah what Messi does to conserve his energy is definitely not laziness, but what really bothers me is that before he would come from the start and eat teams alive by his amazing dribbles and bursts of speed.

Really miss that Messi.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You mean like in the game against Leverkusen where he scored 5-0 and we won 7-0? ...

This is what Leverkusen's Reinartz said after the game: "He's a bit strange. He often stands around on the pitch like a vegetable. You don't even think that he wants the ball or takes part in the game. But then he explodes, especially in situations where he's outnumbered. Then he does some incredible things. Other than that, he stands around like a loitering sheepish boy for 80 minutes. You don't even believe he's any good at football then."

Point is, it's part of his game. It's not lazyness, it's just using his power efficiently. No player could go mental for 90 minutes, that would only burn him out.

Reinartz sums it up very well, I thought. Perhaps the other players are not as good as Messi exactly because they "go mental for 90 minutes"? :p

Kidding aside, Messi was not like this several years ago. According to some people it was Guardiola who instructed him to play like this, conserving his engery, if I am not mistaken? The problem is, sometimes he doesn't appear to be very engaged in the game by standing and walking around without making a lot of off-ball movements and runs.

Regardless of performance and result, I think in general people do appreciate those who work hard, running, chasing and staying active and engaged the whole game. You know I am no fan of Ribery's, but his work ethic is top notch. Not that we want Messi to run for the sake of running. But he does need to be more active sometimes and participate in the pressing game, for example. If only he could be like that game vs RM every game.

NotInHere

Reinartz sums it up very well, I thought. Perhaps the other players are not as good as Messi exactly because they "go mental for 90 minutes"? :p

Kidding aside, Messi was not like this several years ago. According to some people it was Guardiola who instructed him to play like this, conserving his engery, if I am not mistaken? The problem is, sometimes he doesn't appear to be very engaged in the game by standing and walking around without making a lot of off-ball movements and runs.

Regardless of performance and result, I think in general people do appreciate those who work hard, running, chasing and staying active and engaged the whole game. You know I am no fan of Ribery's, but his work ethic is top notch. Not that we want Messi to run for the sake of running. But he does need to be more active sometimes and participate in the pressing game, for example. If only he could be like that game vs RM every game.
Definitely agree with you that he doesn't look engaged, what pisses me off the most is that he has so many guys defending him, most of the time its three, yet you sometimes watch him just jog and they close in on him very fast, they don't even leave him opportunity to breath. Why can't he shake them up a little by being active?

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Definitely agree with you that he doesn't look engaged, what pisses me off the most is that he has so many guys defending him, most of the time its three, yet you sometimes watch him just jog and they close in on him very fast, they don't even leave him opportunity to breath. Why can't he shake them up a little by being active?
Would "being active" leave him more opportunity to breathe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans