10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
It did get me a bit angry that they were complaining about it. Hunter almost tried to support us initially but was shot down. Heavy Madrid bias on the programme. One of them said we would win the Clasico the rest said reluctantly that it would be a high scoring draw but you could tell that they really want Madrid to win.

raskolnikov

I guess every club thinks/acts like there's a campaign against them, but this is just so obvious that it's beyond ridiculous. And the worst part is that our club is almost as much responsible for it as those who are perpetrating it. If Rosell/Bartomeu/whoever had a strong stance on these issues since this started, this shit would have been tamed years ago. But since they have been silent about this the whole time, it just gives RM and the media who support them that much firepower. If you let somebody punch you in the face once and you do nothing about it, be sure as hell they're going to do it again. And the punches are only going to keep getting stronger and more frequent. All it takes is to show their goddamn teeth once, but they don't know how to handle that, either. What a bunch of morons. Either that, or they're corrupt beyond imagination and know they have to keep their mouth shut and just take the punches. This may seem like media gossip to some, but it's so much more than that. It's directly and indirectly harming our players, the club, and eventually their success.
When Laporta was running things it would have been shot down instantly. I think the players are dissapointed in the lack of support from the board as well. We dont need a Madrid type smear campaign but atleast defend your own players.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
They keep sh*tting out of their mouth , its marca this time about Messi 'not wanting' to get subbed off:

Many thought that the situation might change with the arrival of Luis Enrique, but the reality has been rather contrasting as clearly demonstrated over the weekend.
The images shown on LaSexta revealed how the coach asked the Argentine star to come off to be replaced by Munir with the outcome leaving it patently obvious for all to see who the actual boss is. The 27-year-old does as he wishes. It has been proven once again.
Lionel Messi does not want to miss a single minute of competitive football. His coach wants to keep him happy and consequently gives him leeway which does not apply to other players, as Neymar experienced when eventually selected as the man to make way against Eibar. One is untouchable, the other is not.
Luis Enrique was wrong to ask. It is important to have a mutual understanding with the players, but problems arise when equal treatment does not apply to all. Every single proud, committed player will want to remain on the pitch, even more so when battling to be the very best. Messi is ambitious which he showed again versus Eibar.
With Zarra's record in his sight, the Argentine wanted to remain on the pitch until the final whistle, although he would have wanted to do so under other circumstances as well. That is Lionel Messi, for better or for worse

CesDel

i just finished watching Revista and they showed the edited video, saying that Messi is undermining Lucho. The shit is that i expected more from them, especially Guillem who should know what happened. After that, i realised that they completely ignored Ronaldo's punch on Godin.

Guillem is an Espanyol fan, which might explain why he is biased..

Neymessi

B0d0kshIEAAuezV.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
When Laporta was running things it would have been shot down instantly. I think the players are dissapointed in the lack of support from the board as well. We dont need a Madrid type smear campaign but atleast defend your own players.

Precisely...A corrupt system isn't going to slow down its intent to unsettle the GOAT, especially when there's little in the way of opposition...Lucho is left to dance for the media and attempt to deflect...All in all its disgraceful and the club's silence reflects the lack of proper leadership

Its Spain after all...Visca Catalunya

SeloBarca

Laporta might have not been the best with club economics, but he was much better at managing and taking care of the team.
The board and the team now are so distant from eachother.

KhaledBarca

Just read on twitter that Messi is 6 assists away from becoming the all time La Liga assist leader. Don't know if accurate, but Messi will likely retire as La Liga all time scorer and all time assister. That's impressive.

such records are impossible to get, plus there's different criteria...

I think this stat is most probably for the players with most assists in the last 20 years or something, not an all-time record.

Anyway, I did an assist count following the opta method for current Barcelona players in LA LIGA:
Xavi 109 [1998-2014]
Messi 101 [2004-2014]
Iniesta 64

Alves 56 [2008-2014, couldn't get his Liga assists with Sevilla]
Pedro 29
Rakitic 28 [all with Sevilla]
Alba 12 [8 Barcelona, 4 Valencia]
Busquets 10
Neymar 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans