10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

damn

Cause he is fitter than Messi and never looks exhausted. I personally thinks he is roided. Nobody can be that fit for years.

Might be true. For example, The assist play. everybody was on slow-motion compered to him. It was the fucking 88 minute, after 10 km more or less. Chicharito was tired from the tap-in, lol.

raskolnikov

Always wondered what makes people pull out such unfounded statements out of their ass.

Cause he makes sprints like usain bolt in the 90th minute at the end of the season, Fuentes comments, Bale gaining like 5kg of pure muslce during the summer etc. etc.

Mido

messi has played 4415 minutes this season, cristiano 4342 minutes, and i also never hear madridistas demanding that he should get some more rest. but i might be biased here, so please correct me if i'm wrong.

Ronaldo is simply the better the athlete. That, to me, is unquestionable.

Kohe321

There has never been a question about that, they are worlds apart in that department. Ronaldo is one of the worlds top athletes regardless of sport. He can actually push himself physically in smaller games and "statpad" towards the very end of the season and still get away with it, but Messi obviously can't. We're seeing that now, even with how much he's paced himself in games this season, Messi is starting to look really burnt out.

His physique in this recent picture after the Valencia game reminds me of how he looked towards the end of the WC last summer, where he started to look too thin and "dry" all the time. AIt aso looks like he has lost some muscle mass in the process. As we saw against PSG, I don't think he has much energy left in him at this point, and for the sake of his health and our season, I really hope is willing to take a break against Getafe next Tuesday. He has the Copa America to play right after this season ends as well.

10999523_1004053432947584_3211523440486719137_n.jpg

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Some really hilarious comments in this thread of late.:lol:

Cause he makes sprints like usain bolt in the 90th minute at the end of the season, Fuentes comments, Bale gaining like 5kg of pure muslce during the summer etc. etc.

You do realize that Ronaldo, much like Messi, is not running a lot during a game of football? His runs are mostly short sprints into the box or on the flanks. Nothing exceptional about that little sprint and assist late in the game. He ran like what, 5 meters?

Koke and Ramos ran much more yesterday and covered longer areas. Their sprints were also longer and more frequent.

Next game try to notice how little Ronaldo actually runs. Also we are talking about top athletes that don't do anything in their life other than training (mostly). Stamina is really important in football nowadays. Most normal and healthy people in that age group (18-35) could reach such a stamina as well with proper training and a healthy diet. Even a better one. No need for drugs. This is not bodybuilding.:lol:

raskolnikov

Some really hilarious comments in this thread of late.:lol:

You do realize that Ronaldo, much like Messi, is not running a lot during a game of football? His runs are mostly short sprints into the box or on the flanks. Nothing exceptional about that little sprint and assist late in the game. He ran like what, 5 meters?

Koke and Ramos ran much more yesterday and covered longer areas. Their sprints were also longer and more frequent.

Next game try to notice how little Ronaldo actually runs. Also we are talking about top athletes that don't do anything in their life other than training (mostly). Stamina is really important in football nowadays. Most normal and healthy people in that age group (18-35) could reach such a stamina as well with proper training and a healthy diet. Even a better one. No need for drugs. This is not bodybuilding.:lol:
Im pretty sure he runs more km than Messi. Almost everybody does. Messi has bad stamina and is a bit lazy, Always has been. But he can be sharp when rested and he puts the effort in.

Its putting in the same effort every game, 50 games a year, 93 minutes every game without ever looking tired which makes it look questionable. Another thing is lightning quick recoveries like David Luiz or even Iniesta back in 2009.

Ronaldo might be the best athlete in football history but thinking he is doped up isnt that weird imo, he is like the Nadal of football.
Its the same in all sports though, Basketball, Football, Tennis, Boxing, and dont even start about cycling.

Same with matchfixing by the way, also ignored by naive players who think it only happens in far away leagues rather than Europe top 4 and the cl.

Morten

There has never been a question about that, they are worlds apart in that department. Ronaldo is one of the worlds top athletes regardless of sport. He can actually push himself physically in smaller games and "statpad" towards the very end of the season and still get away with it, but Messi obviously can't. We're seeing that now, even with how much he's paced himself in games this season, Messi is starting to look really burnt out.

His physique in this recent picture after the Valencia game reminds me of how he looked towards the end of the WC last summer, where he started to look too thin and dehydrated all the time. As we saw against PSG, I don't think he has much energy left in him at this point, and for the sake of his health and our season, I really hope is willing to take a break against Getafe next Tuesday.

10999523_1004053432947584_3211523440486719137_n.jpg

Sorry, no dedicated footballer can compare to marathon runners, sprinters, tour de france crews, and other sports that solely rely on the physical capabilities.

Kohe321

Sorry, no dedicated footballer can compare to marathon runners, sprinters, tour de france crews, and other sports that solely rely on the physical capabilities.

I obviously mean how physically gifted he is. If Ronaldos passion was 100m sprint for instance, and he dedicated his life to that sport instead, I'm pretty sure he could be among the worlds best.

It's an impossible discussion of course as we can't know, but I'm using it as an example of how rare his physical form is. Very few football players have performed at that physical level at 30 years of age, seemingly not losing any pace, jumping height etc.

Leo_Messi

Im pretty sure he runs more km than Messi. Almost everybody does. Messi has bad stamina and is a bit lazy, Always has been. But he can be sharp when rested and he puts the effort in.

Its putting in the same effort every game, 50 games a year, 93 minutes every game without ever looking tired which makes it look questionable. Another thing is lightning quick recoveries like David Luiz or even Iniesta back in 2009.

Ronaldo might be the best athlete in football history but thinking he is doped up isnt that weird imo, he is like the Nadal of football.
Its the same in all sports though, Basketball, Football, Tennis, Boxing, and dont even start about cycling.

Same with matchfixing by the way, also ignored by naive players who think it only happens in far away leagues rather than Europe top 4 and the cl.

I want to see numbers that confirm exactly that if you don't mind. Ronaldo might run a bit more (a longer distance) on average each game but the difference should be negligible.

That's not correct. Ronaldo has had countless of games where he was not involved much and where he did not run much.

Football is not athletics. The best players in football history where never comparable to 100 metres sprinters.

Doping might be present (don't know) but it's unlikely to be such a big issue as you make it out to be. We would have known it by then if that was the case. Matchfixing is hardly news though and it has been covered for years. It mostly occurs in inferior leagues. You don't really see it often in the biggest of European leagues.

I obviously mean how physically gifted he is. If Ronaldos passion was 100m sprint for instance, and he dedicated his life to that sport instead, I'm pretty sure he could be among the worlds best.

It's an impossible discussion of course as we can't know, but I'm using it as an example of how rare his physical form is. Very few football players have performed like him at his age, with his physicality completely intact, seemingly not losing pace, jumping height or anything.

You are overrating Ronaldo a lot.

Morten

Depends what you mean by good athlete

Its pretty obvious, Ronaldo is a very good athlete for a footballer, maybe even the best. But his speed is nothing special if he went up against sprinters, his stamina would be nothing compared to tdf-dudes/long distance runners etc. His jumping is often hailed, but compare him to a distance jumper or vertical jumper he is mediocre. You see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans