10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcafan 2304

Be interesting to see if they can step it up a gear as the tournament progressss. Got to say though, in terms of quality, this is one of the worse Copa's. Very little to get excited about so far. Still think messi has that quality to give Argentina the edge and win it. He is capable of anything

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Yea he isn't either tbh. We cules know him, he is frustrated. They lose to much balls and share to few. But he has to take it to him, shout for a ball, try to dribble, press when ball is near him, do anything. Just earn that respect. Its not about goals, its about his overall play under Martino that looks as if he has come to a pick-nick.

I saw Messi literally beg for the ball tonight and not be given it. Messi right now is too isolated from the ball to turn on GOAT mode

ceefoo

At 0:37.. so typical.. its out of his hands
Yeah, in most cases at Barca, whether it be Neymar, Suarez or Pedro, they would look to lay that back, knowing that Leo was intending it as a return pass.

Instead, Higuain takes the shot on himself. It's almost like the ARG players don't have the same trust in him as the Barca players!?! I don't know. :shakeshead:

Last edited:

dakt

[vine]https://vine.co/v/eiPXjIuOLVE[/vine]

[vine]https://vine.co/v/eiPXV1h63vD[/vine]

Respect to rasta boys, but Argentina is not impressive at all. Yeah, as almost everyone noted here, no team chemistry.
Messi knows it, that's why he cannot put on smile just for that selfie. Tata obviously lacks charisma and authority, just like he was lacking here last season.

Mitchell1978

Yeah, in most cases at Barca, whether it be Neymar, Suarez or Pedro, they would look to lay that back, knowing that Leo was intending it as a return pass.

Instead, Higuain takes the shot on himself. It's almost like the ARG players don't have the same trust in him as the Barca players!?! I don't know. :shakeshead:

all the Argentina players (at least the forwards and attacking midfielders) seem to like the ball in their feet or even need the ball to be effective, the only reall good combination seem to come with Pastore who like Messi is a very intelligent player

zanela

They blame his because they hate him , they blame him because he destroyed them , he makes them feel misrable everyday , i bet they would blame him even if he scored a hatrick !

who are "they"? This thread is full of hyperbole.

Gonzo has made more assists to Messi than any arg forward in recent years. For a forward he's a very generous passer/assister. It's just that tata has replaced him with Aguero, which has made him a li'l selfish in front of goal in his quest to get his place back.

Darko

He was visibly frustrated, he could have had a hattrick and he knows he won't win the Copa because they are playing poorly. So no wonder he didn't smile.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
It's not that his teammates don't pass him the ball, it's that they can't because they are inferior.
Di maria for example always looks for messi, tries to do quick 1-2's and all and he misplays every second pass to messi, he's just not good enough.
Messi operates on a higher level both tactically and technically and the rest of argentines can not follow him.

Altomonte

Messi was vey close to scoring at least 2 goals, one where his low shot missed the goal (left post) and the second when his lob was saved by the athletic JAM goalie. He really can jump!
But I agree that he slowed down in the second half, probably to save energy.
Di Maria was a little selfish, trying to outshine Messi. ARG team chemistry must improve to win the Copa. Can Mascherano step up and lead?

zanela

Not sure why ppl spend so much time scrutinizing Messi's on-pitch facial expressions. Then arriving at absolute conclusions because he didn't smile. smh. He looks plenty happy when training with his NT teammates. He's exhausted, thats all there is. He's not a programmed species to continually wear a smile all the time.

You will all see a very elated Leo on the 4th of July. :coffee:

Barcafan 2304

Not sure why ppl spend so much time scrutinizing Messi's on-pitch facial expressions. Then arriving at absolute conclusions because he didn't smile. smh. He looks plenty happy when training with his NT teammates. He's exhausted, thats all there is. He's not a programmed species to continually wear a smile all the time.

You will all see a very elated Leo on the 4th of July. :coffee:

Cos that's the crazy world we live in now with intense scrutiny. He didn't smile. Holy cow, the end is nigh!!!!

F

Flavia

11536145_1047554578597469_3165584785389700531_n.png

Leo Messi

Desde chiquito mi sueño era jugar 1 partido con la AFA - Selección Argentina. Ayer cumplí 100 partidos y estoy muy feliz de haber llegado hasta acá. No hay nada más emocionante y que me llene de orgullo que representar a mi país. Espero seguir haciéndolo por muchos años. Ahora, ¡vamos por la Copa! #VamosArgentina

Ever since I was a kid, my dream was to play for Argentina. Yesterday, I reached my 100th game and I'm very happy to have achieved it. There's nothing I can feel more proud of and more exciting than representing my country. I hope I can play for many more years. Now, it's time to win the Cup! #VamosArgentina

- LIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans