10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamarcus

Messi had been superb. It's tough scoring with 11 defenders which is basically happening against each opponent.

Whoscored has him as the player with highest performance ratings.
He has had more than enough chances to score goals regardless of how Argentina's opposition have played. Messi has taken the most shots in the competition and yet his only goal has come from a penalty.

Younes Lamrani

I Would love if messi wins the copa only scoring that penalty and another penalty in the finals ! that would be so amazing and so killing to the haters!

Golazo

He has had more than enough chances to score goals regardless of how Argentina's opposition have played. Messi has taken the most shots in the competition and yet his only goal has come from a penalty.

You're going to have to remind me of those specific chances. The only chance I can say that he should have scored is the header against colombia. Other than that the opposition has basically been parking the bus and that's tough for any team or player to score against.

I will say that Tata needs to figure out a way to draw the other team out and then attack.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently Messi saved someone's life. Well, not Leo himself, but his name, and literally.

Santiago López Menéndez, an Argentinian engineer was kidnapped in Nigeria. His kidnappers spoke no English, when they asked Menéndez where he was from, he explained that he was from South America, the kidnappers mistook that for "America/the US" and started getting violent. Desperate, Menéndez started shouting "Messi, Messi, Messi!", his captors stopped.

What a story!

Ciudad_CLAIMA20150628_0076_28.jpg

Last edited:

NotInHere

Messi can still easily save his tournament by winning it and showing up in the final two games, especially the final.
But he just needs luck, Argentina are not a great side just a bunch of individuals stuck together.
What's there to save? Argentina is in the semi finals, in an individual level Messi has not been bad at all, this Copa isn't made for the likes of Messi to be scoring hattricks.

Stric

Imagine prime Spain with Messi..

Funnily enough, 2012 Messi and 2012 Spain were both freaking incredible. Imagine Euro 2012 with Messi playing false #9 instead of Fabregas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean, it's not as if they would have finished better in the tournament :lol: but still...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
http://www.sport-english.com/en/not...ago-keep-lionel-messi-away-from-spain-4314799

[h=1]Argentina had to move quickly 11 years ago to keep Lionel Messi away from Spain[/h]
[h=2]The Barça star had been called up by Spain U17s, forcing Julio Grondona to act quickly to keep hold of him
[/h]
had that not happened... The stupid debate wouldn't even exist, Messi would have been officially recongnized as the GOAT that he is. Not that a player would need silverware with a national team to be considered great, but it definitely is necessary to shut the trolls up :rolleyes:

dakt

Not sure if this video has been posted:

I'm never bored of recognizing his football greatness over and over again. Speechless on every touch on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans