10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamarcus

You're going to have to remind me of those specific chances. The only chance I can say that he should have scored is the header against colombia. Other than that the opposition has basically been parking the bus and that's tough for any team or player to score against.

I will say that Tata needs to figure out a way to draw the other team out and then attack.
Colombia
[gfy]JubilantPertinentBluetickcoonhound[/gfy]
[gfy]RightSoulfulAurochs[/gfy]
[gfy]AcclaimedMadBushsqueaker[/gfy]

Paraguay
[gfy]OddballFreshArgentinehornedfrog[/gfy]
[gfy]MadJoyfulKob[/gfy]

Jamaica
[gfy]ImpressionableUncomfortableGonolek[/gfy]

All of these gfycats' have been made using Raheem Sadiq's videos. He makes excellent videos, here is the link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RaheemSadiq

From unmarked headers to simple tap-ins to normal finishes, Messi has failed them all this tournament. Yet not even a month ago he was scoring at will. His goal-scoring from these chances has little to do with his teammates but more to do with his own mentality in the tournament. The fact of the matter is that Argentina are in the semi-final stage of the tournament and Messi has only scored a single penalty and has created nothing substantial - the "best" chance he has created so far was that cross to Agüero against Uruguay that maybe only a handful of forwards in the world could have scored.

So far this is Messi's worst Copa América. He was easily better in 2007 and 2011 and I don't think that is debatable. Of course, some more decisive performances in the SF and F can change that...

LordLichtenstein

From unmarked headers to simple tap-ins to normal finishes, Messi has failed them all this tournament. Yet not even a month ago he was scoring at will. His goal-scoring from these chances has little to do with his teammates but more to do with his own mentality in the tournament. The fact of the matter is that Argentina are in the semi-final stage of the tournament and Messi has only scored a single penalty and has created nothing substantial - the "best" chance he has created so far was that cross to Agüero against Uruguay that maybe only a handful of forwards in the world could have scored.

So far this is Messi's worst Copa América. He was easily better in 2007 and 2011 and I don't think that is debatable. Of course, some more decisive performances in the SF and F can change that...

I agree.

CatalinR10

Colombia

Paraguay
[gfy]MadJoyfulKob[/gfy]

Jamaica

flop ?

likeafire

I want Messi to win this copa America so bad so that all this 'Messi doesn't do it for Argentina' nonsense can finally stop! And we can live in peace.

Come on two games Messi, you can do it! Just give it everything! Blood sweat and tears!

Lomar1o

lol, from those posted gifs the only REAL chances were the header and the lob. the rest would be a miss 99 times out of 100

CatalinR10

10501754_1053113471374913_6174771859222843403_n.jpg

Golazo

Colombia

Paraguay
[gfy]MadJoyfulKob[/gfy]

Jamaica

All of these gfycats' have been made using Raheem Sadiq's videos. He makes excellent videos, here is the link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RaheemSadiq

For some reason the gifs aren't loading for me :/

jamarcus

lol, from those posted gifs the only REAL chances were the header and the lob. the rest would be a miss 99 times out of 100
Nonsense. Messi was scoring far more difficult goals on a regular basis for Barça earlier this year. It's laughable that the excuse of parked buses is still being trotted out; Argentina have absolutely dominated the vast majority of the matches and they have created many chances, but their major problem has been their finishing. They could have scored three goals in the first 30 minutes against Colombia, and they could only win via penalties despite being a far better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans