10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

He had a good game, but to help this average Argentina team to win something, he must be extraterrestrial every single time. Even he can't do that.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Argentina just a collection of names, not a team. Messi is the glue, but even him can only do so much. Always their names either choke, or under-perform, or just suck.

They rely on their attackers and they always, always end up disappointing one way or the other. Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria, Pastore. Always end up disappointing.

Mitchell1978

He will get all the blame tomorrow. Not Martino, not Higuain, only him. As always.

That would make no sense, shure he didn't play that well but he did help create Argentina's only decent chance and was the only one to convert his penalty.

In general the Copa America was quite bad, full of cynical overtly physical football, refs allowing way to much.

doublehh03

More motivation for Messi. He has won everything at the club level, now I'm sure he's more motivated more than ever after losing again with the NT.

JamDav1982

He gets frustrated and somehow zooms out of the game mentally when his team can't find passing rhythm.

I agree with that.

He seems to have a forlorn look when things not going well and zones out a bit rather than going and forcing himself on the game.

CatalinR10

Man,i don't actually believe in God,but it is weird to say that God doesn't exist because Messi didn't get the trophy.Many chileans must have been praying for their team to get the cup.Why should your wish be more important than theirs?Absolutely no offense

Comparing to Chelsea that had the incredible luck to win the CL , I feel that a player like Messi shouldn't lose 2 finals with his NT , it's just not fair. My statement isn't related to Messi alone but to other shit that happened in my life and others aswell. It's not the time or maybe forum to talk about these things but that's just the way I feel.

Cule Finn

This just goes on to show that in modern football even the greatest individual needs to have a well organized team both in defence and offence. I thought Argies were decent defencievely, but offencievely they were once again a disaster waiting to happen. In Barca Messi has a the the team and playing style that allows him use his genious. In NT they just give the ball to him and expect him to do some magic with it. They are just waisting a great generation of players.

Morten

that reason is called average teammate + average coaches. srsly, just watch tonight's game from the beginning, you will understand. they couldnt make a pass to save their lives.

That is one thing that really boogles me, how to Argentine pick their coaches, who is in charge of this ineptness? I mean, who in their right mind would pick Maradonna as a coach, as great as he might have been as a player, he is a clown of a person. Sabella i dont know much about, so i cant really speak for him, though he did a fine job at the world cup i think. Then Tata, who failed at Barca, and fails now.

xxxxxx

He gets frustrated and somehow zooms out of the game mentally when his team can't find passing rhythm.

You could tell he was getting frustrated by the lack of ball he had. He just seemed to drop deeper and deeper to try and do something. But so many times the defence kept hitting it long to nobody.

doublehh03

I doubt it.

First he needs a decent manager to play under.

I don't mean that. I mean the drive to continue to push himself to greater heights. He's chasing after himself right now, so he needs to continue to push himself due to the lack of success with his NT.

Richard.H

Lmao how the hell has this turned into a discussion about God? Lool, messi is a multimillionaire who gets to go to his fancy home after this game and sleep with his beautiful wife. I bet he will forget about this match in a few days.

JamDav1982

Argentina need to start now with buidling a team for 2018.

Not sure if there is one player bar Messi that should be nailed on for it.

Midfield is a farce and full backs are fucking awful in attack.

If Messi is to play well he needs a good right back and a midfield that keeps it simple and passes it quickly to have best chance.

F

Flavia

Argentina just a collection of names, not a team. Messi is the glue, but even him can only do so much. Always their names either choke, or under-perform, or just suck.

They rely on their attackers and they always, always end up disappointing one way or the other. Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria, Pastore. Always end up disappointing.

Yeah... Afa choose their coach as cbf, badly. Tata is not the coach if they want to win titles. Should try to get Sampaoli, who really taught tata a lesson in tactics today. Chile didn't win before penalties because they couldn't score.

And it's easy and cliche to blame Messi. That play when Banega completely ignored Messi alone, and chose to play a forward ball that was lost is a good picture of this argentina's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans