10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1978

Two finals lost and he didnt perform well, although team didnt help. If its a physical thing by playing a game every 3 days then ok. But if its a mental thing then he will never be consisdered among pele or maradona. The shocking thing is he looks so disinterested in these games. I dont know what its problem, but as an argentina fan, messi needs to win these kind of games to be considered as great

Argentina fans should really be thankfull Messi still wants to play for the NT after the lack of respect he gets from a lot of Argentinians.

I heard members of Messi's family were attacked by Chili fans during the game, nothing serious happened from what i understood but classy from Chilean 'fans'.

T

Thanos

He should retire from playing National football. It's a waste of time for him

D

damunk

One tournament or one season or two don't make a player great. Greatness is demonstrated by consistent performance at the highest level. Ronaldo's peak wasn't long enough to even challenge Messi.

Ronaldo's peak was enough to challenge anyone my fellow barca supporter.

You must understand national success matters. I will tell you why:
PELE
MARADONNA
ZIDANE
RONALDO

Now Messi will be amongst: (in terms if NT success)
Cruyff
D, Stefano
Platini

Now what I am saying is Ronaldo of Brazil played the same way he did for club as he did for national.
There was zero dip or an increase of form.

With Messi he requires a good team around him as his game is totally different to that of the Fenomeno.

Sorry mate.

bismp

Just forget it everybody,he has at least 2-3 chances more to win a trophy.With a coach like Tata,he never actually had a chance.
He should rest now and try to win more trophies for FCB.This is the age of club football.Winning two concecutive CLs will be more important than the copa america.

F

Flavia

PELE
MARADONNA
ZIDANE
RONALDO

Now Messi will be amongst:
Cruyff
D, Stefano
Platini

Now what I am saying is Ronaldo of Brazil played the same way he did for club as he did for national.

With Messi he requires a good team around him as his game is totally different to that of the Fenomeno.

Sorry mate.

Brazil had an amazing team in 2002... what are you talking about? all those players had great nt, fully working as teams. None of them did it alone.

D

damunk

How much heart ache can he take? Will he have a slow start again in the season?

bismp

PELE
MARADONNA
ZIDANE
RONALDO

Now Messi will be amongst:
Cruyff
D, Stefano
Platini

Sorry mate.
So,you are implying that even Zidane is better than Messi?Cool...
Even if messi retires now,he is BY FAR the greatest club player of all time,which easily puts him in the same category with Pele and Maradona

Mitchell1978

PELE
MARADONNA
ZIDANE
RONALDO

Cruyff
D, Stefano
Platini

Sorry mate.

You are a fool if you think Zidane and Ronaldo are up there with Pele and Maradonna and Messi isn't. In fact i would rank Di Stefano, Cruyff and Platini all before Zidane and Ronaldo.

bismp

How much heart ache can he take? Will he have a slow start again in the season?

He didn't have a slow start in 2014/15.His assists and goals to a lesser extent were carrying the team for the first part of the season

gatsu

He should retire from playing National football. It's a waste of time for him

He should use his privilege as captain and as one of the best player in history to be more influential regarding the national team management, like for example having his word on coaches selection.

Argentina's most evident weak point is the lack of world class coach.

doublehh03

PELE
MARADONNA
ZIDANE
RONALDO

Cruyff
D, Stefano
Platini

Sorry mate.

Man just stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans