10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomar1o

That is one thing that really boogles me, how to Argentine pick their coaches, who is in charge of this ineptness? I mean, who in their right mind would pick Maradonna as a coach, as great as he might have been as a player, he is a clown of a person. Sabella i dont know much about, so i cant really speak for him, though he did a fine job at the world cup i think. Then Tata, who failed at Barca, and fails now.

actually yeah, sabella was nice. maradona was a CLOWN and back in 2010 at the wc it was one of the best argentina teams, but he botched it

sundar

Two finals lost and he didnt perform well, although team didnt help. If its a physical thing by playing a game every 3 days then ok. But if its a mental thing then he will never be consisdered among pele or maradona. The shocking thing is he looks so disinterested in these games. I dont know what its problem, but as an argentina fan, messi needs to win these kind of games to be considered as great

bismp

Comparing to Chelsea that had the incredible luck to win the CL , I feel that a player like Messi shouldn't lose 2 finals with his NT , it's just not fair. My statement isn't related to Messi alone but to other shit that happened in my life and others aswell. It's not the time or maybe forum to talk about these things but that's just the way I feel.
Ok
again,no offense

serghei

[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION], He needs a good right back!? Well, on this forum a while ago there was a talk about Zabaleta being among the best RBs in the world, "much better" than Alves. :rofl1:

Rahj

That is one thing that really boogles me, how to Argentine pick their coaches, who is in charge of this ineptness? I mean, who in their right mind would pick Maradonna as a coach, as great as he might have been as a player, he is a clown of a person.

but the idea of him leading arg to a wc as a coach is so romantic, man. ;)

likeafire

Absolute nightmare. The haters (penaldo fanboys) have already started with the 'doesn't do it for argentina' nonsense! Messi why didn't you just be in GOD mode, why?!

Morten

Lmao how the hell has this turned into a discussion about God? Lool, messi is a multimillionaire who gets to go to his fancy home after this game and sleep with his beautiful wife. I bet he will forget about this match in a few days.

I doubt it, i think he will feel that something is missing in his career, not bringing his fellow countrymen a trophy, when he has done it so many times for Barcelona. He is not that old, so there is time left for it, but as of now i think he feels pretty down. He will put it aside when he returns for Barca, he is a professional, he has learned how to handle it. But i think he wants a trophy for Argentine more than another trophy or 5 for Barca.

Radec

That is one thing that really boogles me, how to Argentine pick their coaches, who is in charge of this ineptness? I mean, who in their right mind would pick Maradonna as a coach, as great as he might have been as a player, he is a clown of a person. Sabella i dont know much about, so i cant really speak for him, though he did a fine job at the world cup i think. Then Tata, who failed at Barca, and fails now.

Sabella did quite well overall. Should never taken Kun for the world cup. I felt Argentina used all 3 subs too quickly but it seem Tata tried to win it before extra time. Messi played well but he wasn't GOAT mode today. It a shame Messi set up the best chance in the game too >.<

Won't be fair to blame any one player including Higuain.

Horatio

You're welcome
Too bad that Messi didn't win it for Argentina, but honestly it's pretty obvious he's not being deployed very well by the coach. Next year a new copa and new chances for Messi.
Messi is still going to win Ballon D'Or. He'll help Barca get the Sextuple.

doublehh03

Two finals lost and he didnt perform well, although team didnt help. If its a physical thing by playing a game every 3 days then ok. But if its a mental thing then he will never be consisdered among pele or maradona. The shocking thing is he looks so disinterested in these games. I dont know what its problem, but as an argentina fan, messi needs to win these kind of games to be considered as great

Please stop. Pele and Maradona never won at the level Messi has won. CL is the greatest competition there is nowadays. Lack of the NT success will have people like you who doubt Messi as the GOAT, which is fine. But please, Messi has no mental issues. The guy has played at this ridiculous level for too long for you to make this absurd claim.

D

damunk

Sorry , not trying to rub salt into the wound but this is why I still feel Ronaldo of Brazil could be overall the best there's every been.

in 2002 Brazil could barely qualify for the world cup.

Ronaldo as a striker could do what sanchez did tonight. back towards the goal , simple pass to him and he'd turn and be off.

This kind of play is vital in the national games where there is less rythem in the matches as there is in club football.

Messi just requires all the elements to be put into place for him to flourish. This is the truth. Not taking away that he is the most complete player ever in terms of positions he can play.

doublehh03

Sorry , not trying to rub salt into the wound but this is why I still feel Ronaldo of Brazil could be overall the best there's every been.

in 2002 Brazil could barely qualify for the world cup.

Ronaldo as a striker could do what sanchez did tonight. back towards the goal , simple pass to him and he'd turn and be off.

This kind of play is vital in the national games where there is less rythem in the matches as there is in club football.

Messi just requires all the elements to be put into place for him to flourish. This is the truth. Not taking away that he is the most complete player ever in terms of positions he can play.

One tournament or one season or two don't make a player great. Greatness is demonstrated by consistent performance at the highest level. Ronaldo's peak wasn't long enough to even challenge Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans