10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPepper

Yes like Argentina have decent names on paper.
Brazil barley qualified for the 2002 world cup. Just google it. They were on the racks.
When ronaldo came back it all changed. FACT. Google it.

You dont get it do you. MESSI cannot lift this Argentina team., His game is not suited for this.

Not sure the likes of Higuain, Rojo or Lavezzi can compare to Ronaldinho, Rivaldo or Roberto Carlos though. That's a FACT. Google it.

D

damunk

PELE
MARADONNA
RONALDO
ZIDANE

MESSI
CRUYFF
PLATINI
D. STEFANO

This as in national team legends vs club legends.

What is so wrong with that? Comon let's just be truthful. He is a club legend and the top 4 are national team legends.

Mitchell1978

PELE
MARADONNA
RONALDO
ZIDANE

MESSI
CRUYFF
PLATINI
D. STEFANO

What is so wrong with that? Comon let's just be truthful. He is a club legend and the top 4 are national team legends.

makes no sense, club football is more important and of higher quality then National team football

AnnieSureshot

He should use his privilege as captain and as one of the best player in history to be more influential regarding the national team management, like for example having his word on coaches selection.

Argentina's most evident weak point is the lack of world class coach.

^Exactly

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Ronaldo's peak was enough to challenge anyone my fellow barca supporter.

You must understand national success matters. I will tell you why:
PELE
MARADONNA
ZIDANE
RONALDO

Now Messi will be amongst: (in terms if NT success)
Cruyff
D, Stefano
Platini

Now what I am saying is Ronaldo of Brazil played the same way he did for club as he did for national.
There was zero dip or an increase of form.

With Messi he requires a good team around him as his game is totally different to that of the Fenomeno.

Sorry mate.

What's this nonsense? Brazil 2002 had some great players.

Oh and btw, what separates Messi from the first group and the second are a couple of Higuain misses. Narrative cannot change so much based on single instances that sometimes aren't even in your control.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
PELE
MARADONNA
RONALDO
ZIDANE

MESSI
CRUYFF
PLATINI
D. STEFANO

See I know you are baiting and trolling as even if we played along with that little club vs. national separation, you didn't mention Iniesta nor Xavi in national legends.

Iarwain

Ronaldo's peak was enough to challenge anyone my fellow barca supporter.

You must understand national success matters. I will tell you why:
PELE
MARADONNA
ZIDANE
RONALDO

Now Messi will be amongst: (in terms if NT success)
Cruyff
D, Stefano
Platini

Now what I am saying is Ronaldo of Brazil played the same way he did for club as he did for national.
There was zero dip or an increase of form.

With Messi he requires a good team around him as his game is totally different to that of the Fenomeno.

Sorry mate.
What, Ronaldo didn't require a good team around him?

Ronaldo missed TWO clear cut one-on-one sitters created by Ronaldinho vs Germany in 2002 (both better than Messi's vs Germany). Messi never had that luxury in NT.

D

damunk

makes no sense, club football is more important and of higher quality then National team football

What do you mean makes no sense.
I am not ranking one above the other. I am trying to explain you have list of club legends vs national team legends.

Some have the opinion that club football is more important and harder that the national game.

I believe it's harder to succeed in a national team because of lack of time you spend with those players on trying to build a system.

It's just the type of player he is. Like I said he needs all the elements in place for him to flourish like we know he can.
I.e a better Argentine team.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Holy crap... I feel sorry for Leo, I'm just crying... Got back home and because my internet is so bad, I went to watch the score and I'm so pissed right now :(

Devils

PELE
MARADONNA
RONALDO
ZIDANE

MESSI
CRUYFF
PLATINI
D. STEFANO

So then Xavi and Iniesta are the greatest players of all time. ;)

Morten

PELE
MARADONNA
RONALDO
ZIDANE

MESSI
CRUYFF
PLATINI
D. STEFANO

No Spaniards in this "national team legends" list? Lmao.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
tata wasn't the problem. if ''best striker in the world'' aguero decides to play like dogshit, di maria and lavezzi continue their headless chicken act and higuain chokes then what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans