10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altomonte

What I cannot understand is why one team in an important final gets an extra day to prepare. Di Maria's injury was clearly caused by not enough rest between semifinal and final. Messi was a little tired as well. And Chile's game plan was to foul him whenever he touched the ball. The referee handed out yellow cards but did not dare to give second Yellows to the home team. Next time Copa America should invite European referees. And Tata Martino made several mistakes, among them substituting Aguero eith Higuain. No way Kun Aguero had missed the big chance created by Messi at the end of the game.
A very frustrating experience to watch this game.
It remains to be happy for Claudio Bravo - another individual and team trophy for him - a great year for him.

Morten

What I cannot understand is why one team in an important final gets an extra day to prepare. Di Maria's injury was clearly caused by not enough rest between semifinal and final. Messi was a little tired as well. And Chile's game plan was to foul him whenever he touched the ball. The referee handed out yellow cards but did not dare to give second Yellows to the home team. Next time Copa America should invite European referees. And Tata Martino made several mistakes, among them substituting Aguero eith Higuain. No way Kun Aguero had missed the big chance created by Messi at the end of the game.
A very frustrating experience to watch this game.
It remains to be happy for Claudio Bravo - another individual and team trophy for him - a great year for him.

Yeah, like he dared give second yellow to the argentines....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mascherano: “Messi is destroyed. It's karma, it's torture that we have to carry on our shoulders. I can't believe it.” #FinalCA2015

Anyone have the original quote in Spanish? Don't get the karma part.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Those of you who want Messi to quit the Argentina NT does not understand how much he loves Argentina and how much he wants to win something with Argentina. As long as he is still physically fit, he will not quit, nor should he.

F

Flavia

Mascherano: “Messi is destroyed. It's karma, it's torture that we have to carry on our shoulders. I can't believe it.” #FinalCA2015

what's the source? I couldn't find the original.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

He said it in a context of being a torture, a punishment to come so close and not get reward.

I've seen some interviews, they interviewed and asked Lavezzi as well. Seems Messi is quite distraught. Poor guy. Hope he goes on vacation with his family and relaxes for a bit and forgets things.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
In spanish popular speak and slang, when someone says you have "un carma sobre ti" (a karma over you) or something similar, it doesn't mean you did something and are getting revenge or what's deserved, but more like you have a black cloud hanging over you that's heaping you misfortune without end or that you're cursed and can't achieve something you want dearly.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Those of you who want Messi to quit the Argentina NT does not understand how much he loves Argentina and how much he wants to win something with Argentina. As long as he is still physically fit, he will not quit, nor should he.

When you see some of the Argentina fans criticizing/blaming messi those kind of reactions are obvious. Messi is not a quitter. He will not quit. He will take every blame and continue to play for his country and will try to win something for his NT. Really laughed at the part when someone suggested messi has a weak mentality. He will come back stronger and continue to play awesomely. Best forget this and hope they become good enough for next world cup.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What? Someone said he has a weak mentality? Wth :lol:

Someone with a weak mentality doesn't reach greatness like he has. It's ridiculous to even suggest he has a weak mentality. Just stupid.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Look at poor Higuain, that's the one of whom you have to question his mental fortitude. It's a repetitive trend of his.

Messi if I'm not missing one is 5/5 in penalty shootouts in the last two Copa Americas and World Cup. (vs Uruguay CA 2011, vs Belgium WC, vs Netherlands WC, vs Colombia and vs Chile)

Am I missing any other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans