10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah. Higuain is a choker, a bottler, but I hope people go easy on him. I wouldn't want anyone to be in his position right now.

How Tata could let him take the 2nd penalty...... Should be sacked just for that, but it seem like he's staying till the 2018 WC.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Didnt Argentina win against belgium 1-0 , with the only scored Higuain ? [MENTION=15731]Sumlit[/MENTION]

I agree [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] the team as whole underperformed due to various reason. Putting the blame only on Higuain isn't fair.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Didnt Argentina win against belgium 1-0 , with the only scored Higuain ? [MENTION=15731]Sumlit[/MENTION]

No that was against Switzerland I think. With the Messi assist to Di Maria when time was running out.

Or maybe you're right. I can't quite remember now.

Yeah you're right. I got confused with the Netherlands vs Costa Rica PK shootouts on that same bracket.

Last edited:

DonAK

No that was against Switzerland I think. With the Messi assist to Di Maria when time was running out.

He's right. Argentina v Netherlands went to penalties.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Argentina won against Belgium aswell with 1-0 , with a bad clearance from Kompany if I remember correctly.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yup, got confused with Netherlands vs Costa Rica PK shootouts. I remembered there was a PK shootout in that quarters bracket, just got confused.

xXKonan

While it maybe true Higuain can be a pretty bad Choker I can't blame him for the problems this team really has. It's not even a Team it's a bunch of Individuals with Huge egos, that think they can solo every time they have the ball. I see Higuain and Messi getting some much crap for Today's performances that they seem to Excuse some of the bigger issues this team really has.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The team was dysfunctional as hell today. They couldn't even string 3 passes to get out of pressure.

Really was dysfunctional the entire tournament, just today Chile exposed the chaos more, credit to them.

DonAK

There were five Argentine managers in the QFs and Argentina themselves arguably had the worst one.

xXKonan

The team was dysfunctional as hell today. They couldn't even string 3 passes to get out of pressure.

Really was dysfunctional the entire tournament, just today Chile exposed the chaos more, credit to them.
I think the Paraguay game "Covered Up" the problems this team has as well. yeah they won 6-1 but even then it was Obvious the team had problems. The Midfield was a joke I don't get why Martino was so Persistent in having two DMs in the Midfield (Masche+Biglia) I can't count how many times Messi had to drop Deep to Control the MF since Biglia-Masche-Pastore clearly wasn't working.

cule19

The Midfield was a joke I don't get why Martino was so Persistent in having two DMs in the Midfield (Masche+Biglia)

I have absolutely no idea what Biglia did in the final. Why is Martino playing that guy while Banegas is around?

alittlebitter

lio, come back to barcelona where people actually appreciate you :(

he wasn't good this game (it reminded me a bit of the atleti QF game from 13/14) but argentina fans are so awful. Spain gave messi everything and Argentina rejected him in his time of need, yet he still chose them. he doesn't owe them shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans