10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

[tw]617564302262824962[/tw]

euler is often spot on, there's a lot of good tweets about the final. Again Tata involved Messi little... Remember when he did that for Barça? One thing euler said that Messi should had done, was to ignore tata's orders and do something. He really should had done that.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Poor Messi, hopes for national success are slowly fading away. I'd say he has 2 more realistic chances at the next WC and Copa, after that it'd be a stretch. He might still be good enough to be a sub later on but would have to really hope the Argentina squad is pretty awesome as a whole.

M

magicomessi

take messi away & u see average team who can't even finish 5th in WQ

MaxY

Devil May Cry
11709620_1683622561783269_4118266315262066854_n.png

[vine][/vine]
11138569_1683668881778637_4995968372862645730_n.jpg

Richard.H

[tw]617564302262824962[/tw]

euler is often spot on, there's a lot of good tweets about the final. Again Tata involved Messi little... Remember when he did that for Barça? One thing euler said that Messi should had done, was to ignore tata's orders and do something. He really should had done that.

One thing I don't understand, is that why does Messi strictly has to follow what a coach says? Now I know Messi is a good lad, but he has to tell Tata that he has to be more involved.

I know this might be a far fetched example, but in basketball, great players like Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron many times don't follow the coaches play and go with what they think is the best.

Isn't Messi a great enough player where Tata can trust him to do what MESSI THINKS is the best for the team? Just something I thought about it. Is it more due to Messi's personality or is he simply clueless when he's alongside a bad coach like Tata?

Also, I'm very aware that basketball and footy are two completely different sports. It's just something that I always wondered never happens with Messi (him taking command of a match when things don't go his teams way).

mehdimike

Is there any source for Distance traveled by him?
He was just walking,i felt!
Name KeyPasses Passes PA% Crosses AccCrosses LB AccLB ThB AccThB

Lionel Mess 1 39 74.4 4 1 2 0

It seems,in Barca Messi increases the level of other players but in ARG other players decrease Messi's level which is a hard task IMHO.

BarcaGirl

The most tragic thing is not that ARG lost the copa final, no, it’s actually that Tata Martino will most probably continue coaching Messi for the next 3 years :-/

raki

Is there any source for Distance traveled by him?
He was just walking,i felt!
Name KeyPasses Passes PA% Crosses AccCrosses LB AccLB ThB AccThB

Lionel Mess 1 39 74.4 4 1 2 0

It seems,in Barca Messi increases the level of other players but in ARG other players decrease Messi's level which is a hard task IMHO.

Again with this walking crap. How clueless can you be?

serghei

If Chile wants to play a high line, they can play it regardless where Martino puts Messi. Messi will stay offside if he does not retreat when Chile's backline pushes forward. Chile had control of the game because they have a better midfield. As usual, after a game is lost (technically, it was a draw) a lot of "experts" come and say what should have been done.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

The problem with putting Messi in the midfield is he needs help in the midfield to play quick passes to..... he didn't get that. How many times did Messi play a give-and-go pass but only for his teammates to slow the play down and pick the wrong pass? How many times did the defence hit it direct to open space and to short strikers?

You've got players like Di Maria, Lavezzi and Pastore who cannot play that simple pass game in the midfield; they're more direct players, who love to cross from the wings. I would have preferred a 2 man midfield of Mascherano (defensive midfielder) and Banega (deep playmaker). You could then have Messi playing a free role from the right wing whilst getting involved in attacking centre midfield role... and then you could then play Aguero as a striker with Tevez playing as a shadow type striker.

EdmondDantes

Sampaoli's Chile form a formidable synergy, imagine what he could do with far superior players at Argentina. Unlucky Leo, wasn't to be...

dakt

I was half drunk during the match and wasn't fully focused on it so I might be wrong on this one. The Argentinian midfield looked crippled and Messi seemed isolated most of the time. Chile looked much more organized and eager.
But also, honestly, Leo wasn't playing well.
To me, considering the big names that Argentina has, it can only be Tata's fault. Even if they won by penalties, it would looked very poor maybe even undeserved.

serghei

Argentina does not play as a team, sadly. There seems to be little chemistry between the players. I remember in the Chile game a play in which Messi passed it to Di Maria and had a moment in which he escaped his marker and could have received the ball in space on the run (the kind of situation where Messi is virtually impossible to stop). He even raised his hand for Di Maria to see him and pass him the ball. The same situation is often spoted in Barca's games, only with Barca the ball is passed to him at the best time, with the right amount of power, because the players around him are more intelligent and obviously understand Messi's game much better than these Argentina players do. Messi plays better with Barcelona because the team is better. You play better when you are surrounded with players that speak the same language (see Messi & Alves). Messi and Di Maria spoke totally different languages in that plays, and trust me, there are more examples.

unt1.jpg

Similar situation vs Bayern, Messi asks the ball in open space. Alves makes the right call and releases it at the right moment (after he takes the ball from Bernat, dribbles Alonso and draws Boateng, he takes out 3 players, passes the ball in empty space to Messi and Messi flies one at the near post. 1-0 Barca). The difference is Alves is more cerebral and a better playmaker than Di Maria.

unt2.jpg

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Argentina does not play as a team, sadly. There seems to be little chemistry between the players. I remember in the Chile game a play in which Messi passed it to Di Maria and had a moment in which he escaped his marker and could have received the ball in space on the run (the kind of situation where Messi is virtually impossible to stop). He even raised his hand for Di Maria to see him and pass him the ball. The same situation is often spoted in Barca's games, only with Barca the ball is passed to him at the best time, with the right amount of power, because the players around him are more intelligent and obviously understand Messi's game much better than these Argentina players do. Messi plays better with Barcelona because the team is better. You play better when you are surrounded with players that speak the same language (see Messi & Alves). Messi and Di Maria spoke totally different languages in that plays, and trust me, there are more examples.

unt1.jpg

Similar situation vs Bayern:

unt2.jpg

That picture proves what I'm talking about. Messi doesn't have the players around him to play simple passes in the middle.... he has players who like to play it direct.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Argentina has the best coaches in the world. Someone needs to step in throw Tata out.
I was pissed at how Messi was being used throughout the tournament and I didn't even support Argentina.
It was so blatantly obvious that it hurt my eyes to see Di Maria, Aguero throwing balls away and no teamplay whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans