10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

While this may very well be correct, it would also be fair to point out that appointing Tata was perfectly logical, seeing that he just resigned from Barcelona of all clubs.

Not to me... We experienced him 1st hand, and he showed coaching Barça was too much for him. I don't know why would it be different for Argentina. 23 years without a trophy, insane pressure too. And unlike brazil, for instance, Argentina has many great coaches.

Juan03

No matter how good Messi is I think its gonna be a miracle for Argentina to win something with Martino as their coach. I feel sad for Messi, Mascherano and a few others who have had to deal with such mediocre coaches (Except Sabella)in the NT. Even low profile teams are lot more disciplined tactically nowadays and are harder to break down.

Last edited:

vukkapor

No matter how good he is I think its gonna be a miracle for Argentina to win something with Martino as their coach. I feel sad for Messi, Mascherano and a few others who have had to deal with such mediocre coaches (Except Sabella)in the NT. Even low profile teams are lot more disciplined tactically nowadays and are harder to break down.

Arg are hard to break down but suck at the front and build up play..

Morten

While this may very well be correct, it would also be fair to point out that appointing Tata was perfectly logical, seeing that he just resigned from Barcelona of all clubs.

Not really, in my opinion, coaching Barca is one of the easiest coaching jobs in the world, if you fail to win anything you are really bad.

F

Flavia

Not really, in my opinion, coaching Barca is one of the easiest coaching jobs in the world, if you fail to win anything you are really bad.

Easiest? It's one of the hardest. The pressure is huge and cules are never happy.

Morten

Easiest? It's one of the hardest. The pressure is huge and cules are never happy.

Basically, a coach at Barca only needs to motivate their players, not make any trouble, make a decent sub once in a while,not much else. Just let the players do their things and the rest takes care of itself. The squad is much more unified than any in any other top team, almost like a bunch of good school kids, as Zlatan would say.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Basically, a coach at Barca only needs to motivate their players, not make any trouble, make a decent sub once in a while,not much else. Just let the players do their things and the rest takes care of itself. The squad is much more unified than any in any other top team, almost like a bunch of good school kids, as Zlatan would say.

That is bullshit.
Every top team needs a top coach. You can have the best players in the world but without the right coach they will not win shit.

F

Flavia

That's completely wrong. This "school boy" stuff was just Ibra being mad. In reality it's not like that, and in January we watched that 1st hand. The pressure on the coach and the players is pretty huge. A part of the socis were talking about selling Messi because of the 13-14 season. Not even him gets a pass. It's win or win, nothing else is good enough.

Stric

That's not accurate. It's pretty similar.

You said it yourself. 23 years without a trophy. Surely not winning the next one either is less of a failure than at Barcelona, where you're expected to win at least one each season. (And if you do, it's still not enough.)

Morten

That is bullshit.
Every top team needs a top coach. You can have the best players in the world but without the right coach they will not win shit.

In my opinion, Barcelona is easy compared to the rest of the top teams. I dont believe that they have had better coaches than other top teams, its proven time and time again that the coaches Barca has had didnt do half was well when they left. Pep is a good coach, maybe even one of the best, but he didnt ran into trouble before he left for Bayern(mainly in the cl). Barca won the league basically without a coach in 2013, and i dont really rate Lucho either. Tata was just awful, winning something with Barca isnt very hard.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
CJO3PpmWUAEbGnx.jpg

F

Flavia

You said it yourself. 23 years without a trophy. Surely not winning the next one either is less of a failure than at Barcelona, where you're expected to win at least one each season. (And if you do, it's still not enough.)

And that's why they're murdering Messi over there, and why he was hated for so long. And will be now again. If you read the stuff some argentinians are saying... It's not as frequent as what happens with Barça because there aren't tournaments every year. But it's similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans