10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Even if he made another 15M in endorsements, 3.5M would still be another 10% on his yearly earnings. That's not peanuts, that's a significant amount.

But anyways, I've gone off topic.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Jesus Christ! We have all got blood on our hands, no country is clean. What, should Messi or any celebrity for that matter not travel at all?

silvia

Okay, huge income inequality. huge amount under poverty line.
Then nobody should accept invitation from United States of America at Copa America events, neither.
One of bullsit smearing to the club....

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
"Messi was surely paid"

I guess you got the transaction details? Yes? No? You don't? Okay.

Messi makes 20m net in salary from us and quite a lot in endorsements. 3.5m is peanuts for him.

It's lessthanjake mate, if you pay attention you'll notice he doesn't miss a chance to talk trash about messi, every.single.time :)

Anyway, I miss seeing the goat in a barça shirt !

Mehdi

kollegah

"Messi was surely paid"

Messi makes 20m net in salary from us and quite a lot in endorsements. 3.5m is peanuts for him.

i dont know if ~18% of his annual salary are peanuts

Sterlingfan2000

I found this on Internet

" 1 Dictator meets another Dictator, nothing Special " HAHHHAH :lol::worthy:

No seriously whats the Problem with the visit? If someone pays u 2Million for a Visit, who would deny it? Nothing serious. The People are happy, he is happy, so whats the Problem? I feel Real based media are targeting him

Last edited:

lessthanjake

"Messi was surely paid"

3.5 million is not peanuts. As the poster just below you said, that's about 10% his total yearly earnings. That's not peanuts to anyone. Would you consider 10% of your income to be meaningless?

It's lessthanjake mate, if you pay attention you'll notice he doesn't miss a chance to talk trash about messi, every.single.time :)

Anyway, I miss seeing the goat in a barça shirt !

Mehdi

If YOU paid attention to my post, you'd see that I wasn't even criticizing him. My point was that I don't see how it matters if he got paid. I think he did, but I also cannot comprehend how it could possibly be something worth criticizing him for.

You seem to consistently accuse me of being some sort of Messi hater, which I find quaint, because on other forums I'm consistently labelled a Messiphile, even though I say many of the same things. If saying things like "Messi does not have the greatest first touch in the history of the sport" and "Messi is not a particularly good PK taker" (which are some of the other comments you've jumped on before in this same way) makes me a Messi hater, then everyone who remotely lives in reality should be labelled a Messi hater too. Lionel Messi doesn't have to be the greatest in history at literally every single specific player attribute to be clearly the best player ever. And he doesn't have to be an absolute choir boy uninterested in money for us to like him, and think he's a good guy. The kind of dogmatic belief you want to require of me is silly. Messi is the greatest player ever. I actually think he's the best by a pretty good margin. And, from what I've seen, he seems like a perfectly good guy too. The fact that I'm a Messi hater according to you despite never saying anything in conflict with the above two statements is absurd.

El Flaco

Gabon's political opposition released a statement where they criticised Messi's attire.

The messiah of football arrived in Gabon like he were going to a zoo: dirty, unshaven and his hands in his pockets, looking for peanuts to throw to them!

When you're called Lionel Messi and you're a multi-billionaire, you don't have the right to present yourself to officials of a republic, even a banana one, with your hands in the pockets of a ripped, tattered pair of shorts.

Gabon isn't a zoo. We don't know what the Argentine came to Gabon for, but we at least have the right to denounce his negligence and his lack of respect for standards and principles. We are uneasy with Messi's attitude and his attire. Only for these reasons, linked to respect for the host country, do we condemn the footballer's indelicateness, to say the least!

Source

Last edited:

Stric

I get what they're saying in the sense that I would probably dress more formally, as well. Messi isn't exactly showing class in that sense. But they're absolute idiots in trying to make it about Messi not respecting Gabon for political or racial reasons or whatever. Messi always dresses like that, he's that kind of guy. This is how he dressed when visiting our sponsors in Qatar. Ripped jeans, what a bum!

:facepalm:

n1crro.jpg

Last edited:

ebc_99

Messi can wear what he wants, just people complaining for complainings sake. People should wear what they feel most comfortable in, they shouldn't be made to wear a suit because other people think it shows respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans