10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Yes, it's obviously not a formal event, that's why pretty much everyone is wearing suits or blazers. Whether you agree with the criticism or not is another point, but I find it ridiculous that out of 10+ people around him in suits and ties (literally), you pick the only one wearing sandals and a tucked-in shirt to prove it's not a formal event. Besides, jeans and a tucked in shirt are a completely different level of formality to what Messi is wearing. There's literally no one else dressed even remotely like him. I know Messi is god and all, but is it so hard to admit that he's dressed inappropriately? Admitting that is not taking away from his genius as a footballer, ffs.

Ok seriously, I laughed when I saw him getting out of the plane just like a wake up call! How do we know actually, maybe it's true. He's on holidays still.
But I saw on a video all the happy people chanting his name and crying, so who cares anyway?
He is a footballer, he doesn't sell weapons for all I know.

F

Flavia

Yes, it's obviously not a formal event, that's why pretty much everyone is wearing suits or blazers. Whether you agree with the criticism or not is another point, but I find it ridiculous that out of 10+ people around him in suits and ties (literally), you pick the only one wearing sandals and a tucked-in shirt to prove it's not a formal event. Besides, jeans and a tucked in shirt are a completely different level of formality to what Messi is wearing. There's literally no one else dressed even remotely like him. I know Messi is god and all, but is it so hard to admit that he's dressed inappropriately? Admitting that is not taking away from his genius as a footballer, ffs.
There's nothing to admit to. You said it yourself, it was not a formal event.
When Puyol did something worse, because it was a formal event, everyone loved it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

What's ridiculous is that you're taking this discussion so seriously. Who gives a flying fuck what he was wearing.

Out of all the ridiculous criticisms Messi has received in his life, and they have been legion, this has got to be the most ridiculous one yet. Really people? We're actually analyzing Messi's attire to visit Gabbon? Really now?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was this even an official visit? The guy met this President a few years ago and promised to visit the country and with the help of Eto'o(who confirmed the story), he managed to keep it and used a day of his vacations with his family to fly over there.

Stric

I'm not taking anything too seriously, I'm just commenting because I have an afternoon off and I'm bored. :lol: I find it amusing how people can claim completely illogical things just to defend Messi.

I don't know about the rest of you guys here, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing shorts to any event of that type.

F

Flavia

I'm not taking anything too seriously, I'm just commenting because I have an afternoon off and I'm bored. :lol: I find it amusing how people can claim completely illogical things just to defend Messi.

I don't know about the rest of you guys here, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing shorts to any event of that type.

Yeah, must wear a suit to place a brick on a stadium :pep:

Morten

Heh, heh. Considering RM can be called Los Vikingos. :neymar:

Nah, people in my country almost only care about PL, for some reason. Almost everyone here supports either Liverpool or United, some Arsenal-fans here and there. Not enough Norwegians care about spanish football, or Real madrid to call it "Los vikingos".

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Nah, people in my country almost only care about PL, for some reason. Almost everyone here supports either Liverpool or United, some Arsenal-fans here and there. Not enough Norwegians care about spanish football, or Real madrid to call it "Los vikingos".

That is actually a nickname for Real Madrid, The Vikings.

large_managingmadrid.com.full.19369.png

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Too much of anglophilia here.

Which means there are way too many dumb fans here too who think Milner is the best thing since sliced bread after Liverpool signed him to use an example.

Now I don't know why Madrid got that nickname, especially since they hid under the skirts of a dictator for so much of their history. :neymar:

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think it was when Santiago Bernabeu was president they signed a lot of Danish and German players and Atletico Madrid fans started to call them Vikingos. Real Madrid fans in turn started to call Atletico Madrid Indios (indians) when Vicente Calderon signed a bunch of South American players. Hence the Vikingos vs Indios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans