10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Flaco

Quotes from Rivaldo regarding the football today compared to when the Brazilian was active:

"If my time was today, I’d bet with anyone that I would be the best player in the world two or three times. I’m sure I would score 50 goals per season."

"Football today is very different from before"

"The quality was much better before, in Brazil and worldwide, such as Spain and Italy. You see how football is not good when [Lionel] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the best today, are scoring 50 goals in the championship."

"This shows that the level [of football] is lower. Even for the best in the world, you should not being scored 50 goals in 38 games."

Source

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Disappointing, but keep crying I guess. Sounds a lot like sour grapes and all that. Didn't expect that from him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Quotes from Rivaldo regarding the football today compared to when the Brazilian was active:

"If my time was today, I’d bet with anyone that I would be the best player in the world two or three times. I’m sure I would score 50 goals per season."

"The quality was much better before, in Brazil and worldwide, such as Spain and Italy. You see how football is not good when [Lionel] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the best today, are scoring 50 goals in the championship."

"This shows that the level [of football] is lower. Even for the best in the world, you should not being scored 50 goals in 38 games."

I do like Rivaldo but I don't agree with him. Why is it then there are no other players that come close to Messi and Ronaldo numbers?
I would agree if he claimed there were more skilled defenders in his time but that's about it. Now there's less space, game is faster and physically more demanding.

Alik

Source

Great. Another one with a bruised ego. Delusional.

silvia

Rivaldo is drunk in that interview i guess.
I always laugh at that football 80's or 70's was physically tough while seeing players at picures, through shorts pants, nobody seems to have any muscles almost like women and players are much more short.

Happy to see Messi and Messi.jr running together.

Vegeta

Source

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Perhaps what he should've said was that there was more quality across the pitch than today's game which is faster and the players are more athletic

Rivaldo is a character though, I think that was just his ego talking

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I love Leo's setup with the treadmills although it begs the question if the 2nd one is indeed intended for Thiago much less Antonella - a trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans