10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

beogatts

Quotes from Rivaldo regarding the football today compared to when the Brazilian was active:

"If my time was today, I’d bet with anyone that I would be the best player in the world two or three times. I’m sure I would score 50 goals per season."

"Football today is very different from before"

"The quality was much better before, in Brazil and worldwide, such as Spain and Italy. You see how football is not good when [Lionel] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the best today, are scoring 50 goals in the championship."

"This shows that the level [of football] is lower. Even for the best in the world, you should not being scored 50 goals in 38 games."

Source

totally disagree with this legend. current era, defense level has been studied well and improved.
i hope his msg is to get those other stars pissed off & show wat they can do to the world of football in the current era.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Official: Mashcerano and Messi have cut their holidays short and start pre-season today, with Alves and Neymar #fcblive

Egert

Estonian Culé
Damn, feels great to see him back wearing our badge :wub:

2lt0dxi.jpg

silvia

Damn. such a workerholic.
Is he going to play super cup any minutes then?
This is gonna real hard season. Neymar can be out for Olympics. and one more copa america. club worldcup.
anyway Hope he get some spirits from his teammates today.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I think he will play both Super Cups. He will not play against Fiorentina, I'm sure of it, we may see him in the 2nd half against Roma tho.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Quotes from Rivaldo regarding the football today compared to when the Brazilian was active:

"If my time was today, I’d bet with anyone that I would be the best player in the world two or three times. I’m sure I would score 50 goals per season."

"Football today is very different from before"

"The quality was much better before, in Brazil and worldwide, such as Spain and Italy. You see how football is not good when [Lionel] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the best today, are scoring 50 goals in the championship."

"This shows that the level [of football] is lower. Even for the best in the world, you should not being scored 50 goals in 38 games."

Source

Go home Rivaldo you're drunk.

BBZ8800

Go home Rivaldo you're drunk.

We have spent 100s of pages in a similar Etoo vs Neymar, old times vs current times debate and how today there are much more goals scored by top teams than in the past.

It is not fair saying this towards current players, but things have definitely changed.
I don't think that the quality is lower, as Rivaldo claims.

The thing is that the top teams like Barca and Real are much stronger than their League opponents than in 80s or 90s, so instead of 2:0 wins, we (too) often have 8:1 and 6:0 wins lately.
This sounds somewhat rude from Rivaldo, but if today we would have Messi-Suarez-Rivaldo or Messi-Rivaldo-Neymar attack, Rivaldo would also surely score 50-ish Goals per Season, which was impossible in his days, so he has a point, to some extent.

He wouldn't be the best player in the world, because Messi is alive, on the other hand.

EdmondDantes

Messi and Masche both looking like MMA fighters. I told you he was missing the shirt, a real boost for the squad to have them here earlier than expected.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He doesn't have any point. You are just trying to make one out of what he said base on "if he was here now instead of this and that he would score 50ish goals", which is pure assumption. His logic is flawed and expressed in a quite childish way.

"The quality was much better before. You see how football is not good when [Lionel] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the best today, are scoring 50 goals in the championship. This shows that the level [of football] is lower. Even for the best in the world, you should not being scored 50 goals in 38 games."

What kind of logic is this exactly? He's basically saying "if you are too good it just means that your opponent is bad". Nonsense.

BBZ8800

He doesn't have any point. You are just trying to make one out of what he said base on "if he was here now instead of this and that he would score 50ish goals", which is pure assumption. His logic is flawed and expressed in a quite childish way.

"The quality was much better before. You see how football is not good when [Lionel] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, the best today, are scoring 50 goals in the championship. This shows that the level [of football] is lower. Even for the best in the world, you should not being scored 50 goals in 38 games."

What kind of logic is this exactly? He's basically saying "if you are too good it just means that your opponent is bad". Nonsense.

Football is football, I don't agree with him that football was better in 70s, 90s or today.
There is always a similar amount of good players around, more or less.
Every era has it's own heroes.

I am saying that the number of good players is the same, but the balance is different.
Good players in the past played in 20-30 different teams.
Today all good players play in 4-5 superclubs, and these, extremely rich and successful superclubs are then trashing all of the opponents by a much lerger margin than in the past (6:0 and 8:0 instead of 3:1), and thus a personal stats of players playing for Barca today can be (in fact, are) much higher than in the past. So, some current players make look like superheroes, even though they are just "normal" world-class players like guys from 70s or 90s.

It is ok when Messi bangs 50 goals, but when 2-3-4 different players bang that many goals, it is clear that the balance between teams have changed.

I assumed that Rivaldo wanted to say something like that, but he said it in a wrong way.
Plus, that part about how he would be the best player in the world was too egoistic and not needed.

Vegeta

Tell me, good sir, who else is banging in 50+ goals a season?

Messi is the "Dios de la pelota." And there is nothing more to say about that.

CR7 is a phenomenon of a goal-scorer. Better than any that came before (bar R9).

Alen

Football is football, I don't agree with him that football was better in 70s, 90s or today.
There is always a similar amount of good players around, more or less.
Every era has it's own heroes.

I am saying that the number of good players is the same, but the balance is different.
Good players in the past played in 20-30 different teams.
Today all good players play in 4-5 superclubs, and these, extremely rich and successful superclubs are then trashing all of the opponents by a much lerger margin than in the past (6:0 and 8:0 instead of 3:1), and thus a personal stats of players playing for Barca today can be (in fact, are) much higher than in the past. So, some current players make look like superheroes, even though they are just "normal" world-class players like guys from 70s or 90s.

It is ok when Messi bangs 50 goals, but when 2-3-4 different players bang that many goals, it is clear that the balance between teams have changed.

I assumed that Rivaldo wanted to say something like that, but he said it in a wrong way.
Plus, that part about how he would be the best player in the world was too egoistic and not needed.

But, to my knowledge, no one is close to Messi and CR numbers. Doesn't that say anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans