10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Messi is really fit. Masche too. They'll be ready for Sevilla.
Neymar looked a bit chubby in some pics I saw, from ibiza.

raskolnikov

Yes, and they are the first players/rivalry who play/live in the era when internet exploded, when we have a social media, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and similar.

90s and early 00s (or any earlier era) would surely have some epic rivalries/battles between Milan and Juve, Real and Barca, Man. Utd and Arsenal at their prime etc.

A few years ago it seemed that Gangnam style was the most popular/viewed song ever, in the history of the music industry.
And some could say: that song is more successful than Beatles or Elvis.

But then, a few Months later, even Taylor Swift managed to get 2 songs with 1 Billion views in less than a year.
Then you have to ask yourself (at least I am asking myself) is it really everything that exist today THAT much better/popular/more interesting than everything that existed 10-20-50 years ago.
I mean, if Taylor Swift managed to get 1 Billion views, Beatles would surely have 10 Billions in the same period.

Imo, a somewhat similar analogy could be said about Messi/CR7 rivalry, Barca/Real rivalry, media hype, Facebook, everything from today.

10-20-30 years ago, Barca:Real and their top players could have been seen only on Tv, radio or in newspapers.

Today, you can see what they have ate today, how they play pianos, where they went out last Saturday etc.
I am cautious about current times and how everything from today is bigger, better, more colorful, more interesting, have the highest amount of followers/viewers ever etc...
Definitely, the world is more connected and its all open for everyone. Even 15 years ago it was a real task to watch Barca play.
No youtube for headlines, had it been like this back then epl would have had its own little Messi vs Ronaldo with Henry and Ruud:p
I definitely prefer it this way since now its all accesible for everyone.

Thats important to notice for those who add nostalgia to rating players in an older era. How much did you see em though compared to today? I watched Ronaldo and Zidane a lot but sure as hell didnt watch every single game like we do today.
Its also who cl is becoming the benchmark over international tournaments nowadays.
Messi and Ronaldo will become the levels players wish to reach in the future, and the media will love to hype them up to it with older fans trashing newbies saying their hero's pale in comparison to Messi and Ronaldo.

bismp

The GOAT is back and he seems more hungry for glory than ever! :worthy:

But i can't accept the fact that he got so many tatoos.It is his body though and he can do whatever he wants with it

Stric

I don't mind the tattoos, although I personally agree that they don't suit him, but anyway, all I wanted to say is that the Jesus tattoo freaks me the f out. :lol: Love the bottom part of the sleeve, though.

dakt

tumblr_nsaw1xoocz1tlc3zvo1_400.gif

tumblr_nsaw1xoocz1tlc3zvo3_400.gif

The God of football himself greets Ter Stegen. I want that worm, deep Messi hug too.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He needs to go back to that haircut he had at the end of the season, tho. Fits him much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans