10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

raki

I'd really like to know what the Roma player said that triggered Messi to go crazy like that. That said, no matter what, he shouldn't have acted like that. He should be a bigger man and apologize to him.

The Roma player gave him an elbow punch in the chest in the previous play in midfield. Then the header. Messi gave him the same medicine.
No apologies. No way.

raskolnikov

The Roma player gave him an elbow punch in the chest in the previous play in midfield. Then the header. Messi gave him the same medicine.
No apologies. No way.
So what? look how they butchered him at the copa america or in the classico's with Mou, Messi rarely/never acts like this.

raki

So what? look how they butchered him at the copa america or in the classico's with Mou, Messi rarely/never acts like this.

Why the hell does he have to endure in all situations? Just an outburst and i read about madness and apologies. LOL.
Ridiculous posts.

Stric

The only thing ridiculous is that you're ignoring that one of those happened during play, and was basically improper defending, and the other is a reaction during time-out, that is, physical attack.

raskolnikov

Why the hell does he have to endure in all situations? Just an outburst and i read about madness and apologies. LOL.
Ridiculous posts.
You are wrong, its a a fucking friendly and he overreacts and lashes out for no reason while he is usually quiet in worse situatons.
This is more like Messi trying to be something he is not. Its hypocritical to crucify Ronaldo for punching Godin and act like Messi is right in this situation.
He is not a perfect human being and can make mistake, this is a very stupid one since it fuels Madrid media, shows opposition how its easier to get into his head and makes barca fans question his state of mind compared to usual.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
That was just stupid and should have been a red card, no matter if friendly or not. Do not want to see one of our players act like that. I hope Messi knows he was wrong and will not do it again.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi's reputation is that of an angel though, remember how often the madrid ball into teh crowd thing got brought up in recent years.
Really stupid of him to do this, cant believe it actually happened, just came home.
Messi never lashes out like this, really out of character, in a friendly no less.

Honestly couldn't care less if Messi honors a false image created by the media or not.
To me he has never been an angel but rather a simple guy who loves the game like no other and shows some of the best sportsmanship by never diving.
That he has lashed out on a few occasions only seems normal to me.

But yes, I see your point about how a large number of people will approach this differently.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Just because Ronaldo does these things and gets away with them it doesn't make it right for Messi to do it. I won't analyze too much into it, it was probably the heat of the moment, but Messi should have kept his cool. Many kids look up to Messi as their role model, I know it is nor fair to Messi to deprive him of the many things we average people do, but such responsibilities come with his fame and he has to accept them.

jairzinho

Messi is a badass, didn't you know ?

LionelMessi_1.jpg

Horatio

You're welcome
Just because Ronaldo does these things and gets away with them it doesn't make it right for Messi to do it.

Nobody said that. The general concensus is that it was bad behaviour on Messi's part. We were just estimating the impact it will/could have.

Vegeta

The overreaction on here is pitiful (but funny).

Just because Ronaldo does these things and gets away with them it doesn't make it right for Messi to do it. I won't analyze too much into it, it was probably the heat of the moment, but Messi should have kept his cool. Many kids look up to Messi as their role model, I know it is nor fair to Messi to deprive him of the many things we average people do, but such responsibilities come with his fame and he has to accept them.

There is not some objective ethical philosophy Messi has to necessarily abide by.

Stric

The overreaction on here is pitiful (but funny).

There is not some objective ethical philosophy Messi has to necessarily abide by.

Umm.... where the hell did you take this? It's not a matter of philosophy, there are rules that you abide by on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans